PDA

View Full Version : banned for nothing

noodles
02-21-2006, 03:59 AM
it used to be, i was only able to join the channel once a week. everytime i leave the channel, i get banned for about a week or so. for nothing. mind you i never got kicked or anything, its just whenever i leave the channel (at my own will) i get banned for a week. i posted here, but the problem was never resolved. i thought, what the hell, if they'll only let me join once a week, then once a week it is. i figured you guys had a problem with autobans n will get to it soon.

now i think its been almost a month since i last leave the #videopimp, and im still banned. just like other complaints i see on this forum, i get banned for doing nothing wrong.

here's my info

zzzzzx is gudjohn@219.95.17.142 * alba
zzzzzx on #videopimp.com
zzzzzx using irc.Prison.NET The Decepticon, server stealing your energon..
zzzzzx has been idle 20secs, signed on Tue Feb 21 18:56:21
zzzzzx End of /WHOIS list.

noodles
02-21-2006, 08:46 AM
this is the ban
[10:33am] VideoPimp sets mode: +b *!*@219.95.*

VampYre
02-21-2006, 09:21 AM
If its the same ban you see around, you would of seen the reason why thats posted in the other threads

READ IT HERE (http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showpost.php?p=1871&postcount=4)

Talk to your ISP.

noodles
02-22-2006, 08:08 PM
tm.net.my is the only broadband service in this country. and they're a big corporation, so i'm pretty sure they wont change anything for a couple of guys who just wanna download music videos.

dont u think this is a bit unreasonable? the whole country is punished for probably just one guy who broke ur 'rules'?

VampYre
02-22-2006, 08:22 PM
tm.net.my is the only broadband service in this country. and they're a big corporation, so i'm pretty sure they wont change anything for a couple of guys who just wanna download music videos.

dont u think this is a bit unreasonable? the whole country is punished for probably just one guy who broke ur 'rules'?

There is no "one guy that broke the rules" The whole ISP FORCES it's users all thru a few IP addresses, which means you and several hundred others are using the same exact IP address to surf and use IRC, ect. We've had problems with that type of stuff. On the webserver it shows under stats one IP address downloading hundreds of GIGS of data. It looks like an attack or a user who intent on causing problems. We cannot tell on our side.

I know of several websites that block "Proxy" IP's. You could never view the site(s) due to your ISP forcing you to all surf thru a proxy. Blame your ISP, not us.