PDA

View Full Version : (banned://write //decode virus - clean yourself)HELP!!!

footmachine2010
03-02-2006, 05:53 AM
i get this message when i go to join #videopimp on mirc can anyone ghelp me please???

You were kicked from #videopimp by GuanoApes (banned://write //decode virus - clean yourself)

footmachine2010
03-02-2006, 06:02 AM
please help me someone please i want to download videos.

VampYre
03-02-2006, 09:11 AM
You have a virus that sends people a message (//write $decode...long string of gibberish) to copy & paste this and you will get ops in whatever chan you are in. You need to clean your client. You need to completely remove it, delete it and everything, then let us know.

We will also need your actual ban message so we can remove the ban once you have cleaned your client.

**Edit
Posting in 3 other UNRELATED threads will do your original ban, no good. Please read what I have posted, take care of it, and post your actual ban info so we can remove the ban. That virus won't show up in a virus scan from what I know, its actually a script embedded in your IRC client. The only way I know to remove it is to delete the client and re-install a fresh (new) one. Why anyone would copy and paste that crap, actually thinking it would give them ops in ANY channel is beyond me.