PDA

View Full Version : Server been down and going to be

paulkr89
03-10-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm sure you've noticed that my server has been down lately. Well qwest is giving me a bunch junk over the internet and it says that their modem isn't compatible with Service Pack 2. If any of you people know how to customize Service Pack 2 so that it does not change the internet settings i would gladly appreciate it. I would have the server running right now but all of my vids for the server are on a external hard drive and Service Pack is the only thing that allows usb 2.0 drivers which i think is stupid. I'm working on possibly getting ME or 2000 so that i can get that up and running sorry for the no serve and i hope i have the server running soon any ?'s or a solution for Service Pack 2 please message me. Thanks

VampYre
03-11-2006, 01:02 AM
It shouldn't matter at all. It's just a net connection...they shouldnt be running anysoftware on your machine...don't run any...just setup your router..

Asspin
03-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Yep, you don't need the shit they send you. You can access your modem just fine though http://192.168.0.1. Qwest techs are pretty stupid. Talk to me if you need help, as I also have Qwest.

lookche
03-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Screw Service Pack 2. Hell, screw windows.

Someone really needs to make an os which can run all windows exe's, but isn't windows.

bbBear
03-14-2006, 02:33 AM

Someone really needs to make an os which can run all windows exe's, but isn't windows.

You got any spare time on your hands? :rolleyes:

VampYre
03-14-2006, 09:11 AM

Service Pack 2 only fucks windows if

1) you dont have a legit version
2) have corrupt files (viruses/spyware)
3) if you upgraded from something else to xp

I've only seen sp2 fuck windows a few times...for the above reasons...

lookche
03-14-2006, 06:59 PM
And there was that only good for complete n00bs firewall thing. Most annoying feature, ever.

L31337
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
my girlfriend has an emachine notebook and it cant take sp2. when you install it the pc can't boot. techs said that its all the emachines.

VampYre
03-17-2006, 06:56 PM
my girlfriend has an emachine notebook and it cant take sp2. when you install it the pc can't boot. techs said that its all the emachines.

I can contest that. We work on emachines all the time. Including one emachines laptop that belongs to a local (HS) football coach. There is no prob with sp2. It does matter if your windows files are corrupted, or you are using an illegal copy of windows. Then you will have issues.

Apathetic
03-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Service Pack 2 only fucks windows if

1) you dont have a legit version

Why I haven't installed SP2 Yet.

lookche
03-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Why I haven't installed SP2 Yet.
PRETTY MUCH the same for me too =O