PDA

View Full Version : directory commands

sickgrrl723
05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
:anyhelp:
i'm sure that this has been posted before... if there is, can someone post a link? thanks...

so, i'm a total n00b and i was wondering how to connect to servers.
once i've listed a directory, i dont know how to find the files in directories with letters or any thing else besides commands like, "1d". can someone help?

hunnybear
05-08-2006, 01:50 PM
ok 1st off you need to know basic dos commands to use mirc to download with it. In a post from before, I think you will find this one very helpful (http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showthread.php?t=447) there a listing of them made by another person trying to help maybe you should follow that link and go read it and if you still have problems try to google it or come to our help channel #videopimp.com and ask in there. Usually someone is in there that can help but you may have to wait for them to answer you.

Gillbert
05-08-2006, 01:59 PM
When you're in the directories, you need to use 3 different commands. "Dir" shows all the directories there are within an Fserve you are in. To get deeper into directory, you need to type "cd" and the name of the directory. For example, if the directory is 2006, you would type in "cd 2006". To go back to a previous directory, type "cd ..". When you find the file that you want, type "get" and the whole filename after it. You'll be put in queue for the file. If you need any extra help, you can consult Videopimp's mIRC help file at http://www.videopimp.org/help/loadvpmirc.html. It probably gives a more clear description than I just did lol.

Stephen76
05-09-2006, 04:38 AM
People, we made a tutorial for a reason.
It even has pictures to make it easier to understand.

Why is it people ask for help first, and refuse to look at a tutorial MADE to help you so you don't have to ask?

I'm going to give the original poster benefit of the doubt, as she might not've been into the channel yet to be told to do the !help and get the tutorial.....