PDA

View Full Version : Protection Help!!

sick
07-09-2006, 08:20 AM
hey guys can you recomend me a security suite that contains ant-virus anti-hackers and that things wich is the best one?? or wich one u use that you recomend me?

how about panda, kaspersky, norton???

VampYre
07-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Well you need to keep your windows updates updated. You need working antivirus that has its subscription/defintions being kept up to date. And every so often (weekly or biweekly) run either adaware or spybot search & destroy (both free).

Also doesn't hurt if you switch to using something OTHER than Internet Explorer to surf.

sick
07-09-2006, 04:33 PM
wich one is better??

Norton System Works
Panda Titanium
Kaspersky Security Suite
Panda Platinum
Avast!
Ewido
AVG
McAfee

Wich Would You Guys Recomend Me??

hunnybear
07-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I have avast (it is free and stuff). I like the fact that if it finds something it makes it really know to you,and I also like the fact it does the updates itself one less thing for me to think about. There are also the free scans online from panda and trend (housecalls -- I think that is the name). I use the trend one more because it seems to like me better and I have not ran into any issues with it. Plus as vamp said use something like firefox; I try to not use ie unless the email programs opens sites that way. I also run both adaware and spybot atleast once a week.

:p *Please note that I know like nothing about pc's other then what others have said to try, so this is just my op on what you asked.

VampYre
07-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Avg is free, and auto updates itself as well, but if you want advanced features you gotta pay for it.

I use it on my gamer box and my laptop. On my main machine I use Nav2003.

Really up to you which one you like the best.

Asspin
07-10-2006, 12:22 AM
On my main machine I have a version of Norton, AVG on my laptop, and any customer computer who is too cheap to pay for anything.

dUc0N
07-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Here's the suite I use:

Hardware firewall in my Linksys WRT-54G Wireless Router (but ZoneAlarm is a good standby if you don't want/need a router)
AVG Antivirus (http://free.grisoft.com)
Spybot: Search and Destroy (http://www.safer-networking.org/) (Anti-spyware)
Firefox web browser and Thunderbird e-mail client (www.mozilla.com)

And yeah, keeping Windows updated relentlessly isn't a bad idea either. Best part is, ALL of this software is entirely FREE.