PDA

View Full Version : how do i disable my firewall?

icculus129
10-25-2005, 01:55 PM
hi, i just started using this and when it goes to connect and download it fails everytime, the instructional guide said that it was a firewall setting and to post a thread on this forum. any ideas or help would be appreciated!!

phoenix_rise_
10-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Before anyone could tell you how to fix it you would need to say what firewall you are using.

Asspin
10-29-2005, 10:40 PM
It's unwise to diable your firewall unless you know that's what's causing the problem. What problem are you having specifically?

phoenix_rise_
10-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Maybe its not even failing. On the Videopimp IRC channel you are often placed in a queue, it is not instant sending.

Trill
12-06-2005, 07:51 AM
All my downloads fail too...

http://trillian.neuf.fr/fail.jpg

What can I do?

VampYre
12-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Is there actually an error that is show besides connection failed?

Do you have some sort of a firewall that could be blocking it?

Asspin
12-06-2005, 08:55 AM
The first thing I would look into is your network. Are you behind a router? Are you on a school's connection? Those could both cause the problem. The Windows firewall with XP should not cause that problem, so if it is a firewall issue, it would be from a third party.
If you are behind a router, try connecting directly to your modem and see if you can download. If so, you know the router needs some settings changed. If you are on a school or college network, please review their TOS or AUP and see if IRC is allowed on their network. If it is, you may need to contact your systems administrator.
Hope this gives you some ideas.