PDA

View Full Version : videostatic reports: IMF Going Off The Air

Rain
01-07-2008, 04:04 PM
well shit....

(this is the only channel i had that bothered to air Alter Bridge... and i hadn't capped the new one yet cuz there was a "NEW" flag on it still. i was also gonna get BRMC - Berlin to back-up the aussies if they missed it)....

NEWS: IMF Going Off The Air

Universal Music Group's video channel IMF: International Music Feed has been acquired by the arts and creativity network Ovation TV. A press release today makes it official; Further details are at this Multichannel News article.

Not good news for music video fans, since it spells the end of a vibrant 24/7 video channel dedicated to artists from all around the world.

Details:

* IMF has essentially ceased its programming operations as a standalone entity. Programming VP Dennis Boerner is no longer with the company and exploring other opportunities. His contact info will be in the free, weekly email newsletter.
* January 9 is the end of the broadcast run: Ovation TV will take over IMF's channel 157 position on Dish Network channel.
* IMF will cease programming on all other distributors — like Verizon FiOS, Joost and various mobile carriers — at the end of this quarter. Certain elements will continue to be seen on Ovation TV
* Bottom Line: Ovation TV gets a new channel slot that expands their reach by 60% to 25 million households. Universal gets an equity position in Ovation TV (and who knows what other compensation, since full terms weren't disclosed).
* Bottomer Line: There's one less place on TV to see music videos.

VampYre
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Hmm, Umusic fucks something else up? Gee, imagine that. Glad we never partnered with those idiots.

Oh well, now yet another reason to get a 3 meter dish for your backyard. =)