PDA

View Full Version : BHead's Guide to burn Videopimp .mpg files to Data CD/DivX Players (XP) (for dummies)

BHead
03-30-2008, 08:02 PM
This is step-by-step guide on how to burn any type of .mpg file and/or .avi file to a data disc to be used in a DivX Player for Windows XP. FOR DUMMIES. :D

First off, the most important part is the DivX Player itself. I happen to own a Phillips DivX Player, which only cost me $40. (Yes, you can afford one too!)

Now, onto the main part of this guide, to enrich the minds of those who have no clue how to put a video on disc.

Your journey begins now...

A few things you will need for this:
-Data CD (usually around 700mb average)
-Strive to watch our videos on your TV
-Patience

Step 1:
-Select the video file(s) you want to put on a disc, make sure they are all highlighted in blue!
-Then right click on one of the videos (still highlighted) and you will get a box like below:
http://i25.tinypic.com/i36na1.jpg
-Go down to "Send To" and click that.
-Now select your main drive that the CD will be in.

Step 1.5:
-After you have clicked what drive to send them too, a "Copying" window will appear for a short amount of time.
-Wait until this is done.

Step 2:
-A much bigger window should appear with your files listed to burn.
NOTE: if it does not show up, simply go to: My Computer > Your CD Drive, and the files should be listed.
http://i32.tinypic.com/w6tuvq.jpg
-Click the "Write these files to CD" link.

Step 3:
-Your computer may freeze for a second or two, depending on how fast it is.
-Now, you will see this window pop up:
http://i30.tinypic.com/jh7qxl.jpg
-Name the disc whatever you want, then click Next.

Step 4:
-Follow the instructions in the window titled "CD Writing Wizard," and eventually they will start copying the files to the CD.

When done, simply take CD out of drive and insert into DivX Player.

That's it.

You have successfully burned videos to a CD.

:yourock:

I hope this helped you!

Your Videopimp How-to Guy,
BHead

VampYre
03-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Or just pop open Nero, or Roxio, choose data cd or dvd (both work) and copy what files you want (mpg, m2v, or xvid) to the cdr or dvdr, and burn. It all works the same.

Hell, my Philips DVD player, will even play media off a USB drive (pen drive, or hard disk drive). =)

BHead
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Or just pop open Nero, or Roxio, choose data cd or dvd (both work) and copy what files you want (mpg, m2v, or xvid) to the cdr or dvdr, and burn. It all works the same.

Hell, my Philips DVD player, will even play media off a USB drive (pen drive, or hard disk drive). =)

Nice addition Vamp =)

VampYre
04-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Nice addition Vamp =)

You know me, quick & to the point. Why dick around with crappy built in xp software? Juse use Nero or Roxio and be done with it!

BHead
04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
You sure are quick & to the point with closing my thread. =)

hamed_ostovar
05-04-2008, 10:44 AM
also try >>> Ashampoo Burning Studio 6
It's bloody easy!!! :vampsmile

BHead
05-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I wish everything was bloody easy. :D