PDA

View Full Version : question about DailyDownload,Sauce,Letterman.. (question answered plus lotta OT chat)

Pages : [1] 2

hamed_ostovar
04-20-2008, 02:45 AM
hELLO gUyz, i have a qestion about the release catalog.
i search for chevelle videos to download them via ftp , now i see some videos with same
song-title but there are some names with the titles, like
[ Daily Download, The Sauce, Letterman, Last Call, Jimmy Kimmel and Kilborn ]
i guess they are some live shows or something like this but
is there anyone to tell me what's the meaning of each of them!?!? plz :)

respect..videopimp:yourock:

crash
04-20-2008, 03:17 AM
i search for chevelle videos to download them via ftp , now i see some videos with same

These are the show names that the performance is ripped from. For example, 'letterman' is a talk show hosted by a guy named David Letterman. The Sauce is a show on the channel Fuse. And yes, those are live shows.

BHead
04-20-2008, 07:36 AM

First of all, you download videos from IRC, not an FTP, and if your downloading them from the site your getting through a get.php script in HTTP.

Pretty much every video that has something in parentheses is live, with the exception of "2nd version" and so on, etc.

crash
04-20-2008, 08:24 AM
First of all, you download videos from IRC, not an FTP

Thanks for pointing that out to hamed. I missed it. :D

hamed_ostovar
04-20-2008, 10:40 AM
These are the show names that the performance is ripped from. For example, 'letterman' is a talk show hosted by a guy named David Letterman. The Sauce is a show on the channel Fuse. And yes, those are live shows.

Thanks 4 your responses, i love it:heart:
and now i'm hungry to get themall:vampsmile

hamed_ostovar
04-20-2008, 10:44 AM
First of all, you download videos from IRC, not an FTP, and if your downloading them from the site your getting through a get.php script in HTTP.

Pretty much every video that has something in parentheses is live, with the exception of "2nd version" and so on, etc.

yeah, that's it, im just a beginner:crackup:
U guys are really cool, i just feel like i find U too late!
thanks-thanks-thanks

BHead
04-20-2008, 11:08 AM
yeah, that's it, im just a beginner:crackup:
U guys are really cool, i just feel like i find U too late!
thanks-thanks-thanks

Your welcome, but also, just as a future help, is it possible to speak correct grammar? Use "you" instead of "U"? It makes it a lot easier on the eyes.

Also, you can show us "respect" by just posting a simple "Thanks" at a video request that is filled, no need to go all Godfather on us!

Thanks!
BHead

hamed_ostovar
04-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Your welcome, but also, just as a future help, is it possible to speak correct grammar? Use "you" instead of "U"? It makes it a lot easier on the eyes.

Also, you can show us "respect" by just posting a simple "Thanks" at a video request that is filled, no need to go all Godfather on us!

Thanks!
BHead

yeah, sure. >>> "you" are really cool!! is it ok??!
and......... can i respect in my own way??

BHead
04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
yeah, sure. >>> "you" are really cool!! is it ok??!
and......... can i respect in my own way??

Thank you for calling me cool. http://www.twotongames.com/images/icons/smiley-sunglasses.gif

You CAN respect it in your own way, just don't go overboard!

BHead

hamed_ostovar
04-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Thank you for calling me cool. http://www.twotongames.com/images/icons/smiley-sunglasses.gif

You CAN respect it in your own way, just don't go overboard!

BHead

i'm new so i'll just follow the rulls.

hamed_ostovar
05-01-2008, 04:08 AM

Thank you guys. I got them. leeech!!!

BHead
05-01-2008, 05:13 AM
If your going to be a leecher, you can help by donating to videopimp, otherwise Vamp has to pay over $150 a month to keep videopimp running! :D

hamed_ostovar
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
If your going to be a leecher, you can help by donating to videopimp, otherwise Vamp has to pay over $150 a month to keep videopimp running! :D

but I have no credit-card. how can I donate without that???
I really like to do this [help this amazing org. to live forever]

BHead
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Okay dude, first of all, STOP THINKING WE WILL LIVE FOREVER AND SUCH. It's kinda creeping me out. We promote artists on VP, not worship them, except for Living Syndication. (right Vamp!)

hamed_ostovar
05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Okay dude, first of all, STOP THINKING WE WILL LIVE FOREVER AND SUCH. It's kinda creeping me out. We promote artists on VP, not worship them, except for Living Syndication. (right Vamp!)

First of all, I don't worship anyone or anything. and I know nothing lives forever. it's just a kinda good feeling about something that feels good and you wanna keep it forever.
and I think..If You dislike someone's opinion, you can be calm and let him/her walk his/her way. This is the creep control. huh????
And about the many bands out there. They are just created by media and just a few of them are REAL. you know what I say. Im sure about it.
You want my word: FU**'em All.
We all live in our way and we should let eachother to feel free.
It's enough to attack. I'm sick of these behaviors. anyway I really like this place[ you know that ] and I like to talk. .. and I write these done 'cause I feel good about you too.
Thanks

hamed_ostovar
05-02-2008, 05:37 AM
and many of them are REAL. :)

BHead
05-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry for offending you hamed_ostovar, for the past month I have had nothing but straight homework everyday and 3 long terms from my teacher. I was ticked beyond belief and I needed to take it out something... which in a way was very stupid of me. All I ask is that you forgive me and give me good rep, I don't like being in the red.

Sorry for offending you.

Your friend,
BHead

chooks
05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
All I ask is that you forgive me and give me good rep, I don't like being in the red.

Hahahaha, funny how the tide turns. Good to see you 2 have made up! Lots of :heart: here on the VP forums!

BHead
05-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Share the <3!!!

crash
05-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Share the <3!!!

LOL. I can see that u're being very desperate for that rep. Just be patient, as ppl will give you that rep when they think u deserve it. Sorry if im being too straightforward.

BHead
05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Actually I'm just in a very happy mood because I just got 2 of my 3 long terms done. :)

crash
05-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Actually I'm just in a very happy mood because I just got 2 of my 3 long terms done. :)

Good to hear that. May i know how old are you?

BHead
05-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I would happen to be 15, thank you for asking, and I shall ask the same.

May I ask how old you would be crash?

chooks
05-02-2008, 07:40 PM
LOL. I can see that u're being very desperate for that rep. Just be patient, as ppl will give you that rep when they think u deserve it. Sorry if im being too straightforward.

Hahaha, crash puts it straight out there. Nice post though because that's exactly how the system is meant to operate.

crash
05-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Hahaha, crash puts it straight out there. Nice post though because that's exactly how the system is meant to operate.

Thank you. :D

hamed_ostovar
05-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Sorry for offending you hamed_ostovar, for the past month I have had nothing but straight homework everyday and 3 long terms from my teacher. I was ticked beyond belief and I needed to take it out something... which in a way was very stupid of me. All I ask is that you forgive me and give me good rep, I don't like being in the red.

Sorry for offending you.

Your friend,
BHead

BHead is always welcome :)

Let me tell you something. One of the things that I learned from my life is that
[ so much time is needed to make something good but just one second is enough to destroy it all. ]
These days we are all too busy with our life, our works, our homeworks, our plans, our relationships,
our fears, hopes, and....... many things and we should live with all of them. everyday and anyway!!
and things like this ( forums ) can take us away from all of that pressures. seeing people who have
same or diffrent hobbies and pleasures is a good way to learn more.
Things we had here remind me the song [ The Red ]

They say freak
When you're singled out
The red
Well it filters through

This change he won't contain
Slip away to clear your mind
When asked what made it show?
The truth he gives in to most

So lay down
The threat is real
When his sight goes red again

your frind,
hamed_ostovar

hamed_ostovar
05-02-2008, 11:04 PM

Just shows your good manner, crash. No need to say sorry . I'm agree with you and I appreciate it.
-PATIENT- it was all that I wanted to say to BHead. everyday we see the people who are in diffrent modes and maybe
they are in the way that we're NOT. I think it'a real art to being between all of them .. and learning many things.
anyway umm.. maybe I was [not that patient] and it's because that I'm not perfect.

hamed_ostovar
05-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Hahahaha, funny how the tide turns. Good to see you 2 have made up! Lots of :heart: here on the VP forums!

Thanks chooks.

BHead
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Just shows your good manner, crash. No need to say sorry . I'm agree with you and I appreciate it.
-PATIENT- it was all that I wanted to say to BHead. everyday we see the people who are in diffrent modes and maybe
they are in the way that we're NOT. I think it'a real art to being between all of them .. and learning many things.
anyway umm.. maybe I was [not that patient] and it's because that I'm not perfect.

I usually have good manner, time to start again fresh! I am also happy because I am no longer in the red for Rep. Also, no one is perfect, in fact, nothing in the world is perfect, everything needs improvement, and it looks like I need to improve upon my manners. :D

hamed_ostovar
05-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I usually have good manner, time to start again fresh! I am also happy because I am no longer in the red for Rep. Also, no one is perfect, in fact, nothing in the world is perfect, everything needs improvement, and it looks like I need to improve upon my manners. :D

Iv told you before, you are cool :D

VampYre
05-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Iv told you before, you are cool :D

instead of responding to each post in a seperate post, please use the multi-quote button.

BHead
05-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Uh oh, Vamp attack!
I suggest everyone use the correct forum rules right now!

hamed_ostovar
05-04-2008, 11:16 PM
instead of responding to each post in a seperate post, please use the multi-quote button.

I think I used it ..?.. or is there anything that I didn't understand????

crash
05-04-2008, 11:31 PM

Erm, is there even a multi-quote button? All i see is the 'quote' button. Please clarify this Vamp. Thanks.

hamed_ostovar
05-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Erm, is there even a multi-quote button? All i see is the 'quote' button. Please clarify this Vamp. Thanks.

there is a button at the right side of [ Insert Image ] button.
to add more quotes

crash
05-05-2008, 12:01 AM
there is a button at the right side of [ Insert Image ] button.
to add more quotes

Oh. Ok I think it is. :D

hamed_ostovar
05-05-2008, 12:10 AM
hey crash. I noticed my point became Red. do you know what it means? { hamed is infamous ..???? }

hamed_ostovar
05-05-2008, 12:29 AM
I tried to be nice :(

crash
05-05-2008, 12:43 AM
I tried to be nice :(

I think you can see who did this by going to your user control panel.

hamed_ostovar
05-05-2008, 12:51 AM
I checked it out but there was nothing. I want to know what was wrong with me.

hamed_ostovar
05-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Vamp, help me plz in this case. It was you who did it or someone else?
I think It's unfair. I tried to be a nice newguy!!!! :)

chooks
05-05-2008, 01:52 AM
hey crash. I noticed my point became Red. do you know what it means? { hamed is infamous ..???? }

Go to your User CP and the first thing you see will show you your reputation status. You are in the red (negative) and it'll show you who gave it to you. It's the thing that BHead has been begging for (to get away from a negative reputation).

crash
05-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Go to your User CP and the first thing you see will show you your reputation status. You are in the red (negative) and it'll show you who gave it to you. It's the thing that BHead has been begging for (to get away from a negative reputation).

Yeah, but my user cp just shows my rep, the thread i got it from, and the comments by the person who gave me the rep. Doesn't show the person who gave it 2 me.

hamed_ostovar
05-05-2008, 03:10 AM
Yeah, but my user cp just shows my rep, the thread i got it from, and the comments by the person who gave me the rep. Doesn't show the person who gave it 2 me.

but ......what I've done?? :anyhelp:

and you guys, believe me, Im not stupid! there's not any comments by the person who gave me the rep.

BHead
05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I am out of the red, and in which I added +Rep to hamed to he could get out of red too. :)

crash
05-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I am out of the red, and in which I added +Rep to hamed to he could get out of red too. :)

It seems that he is still in the red. :D

hamed_ostovar
05-05-2008, 10:55 PM

It seems that he is still in the red. :D

Thanks BHead.
It's Red yeeeeeea!!! Lay Down..The Threat Is Real!

crash
05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Lay Down..The Threat Is Real!

Erm.. It means?

hamed_ostovar
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Erm.. It means?

It's a song that I really like it. It's about anger and... being in red.
band: Chevelle
song: The Red
album: Wonder What's Next [2002]

crash
05-07-2008, 04:26 AM
It's a song that I really like it. It's about anger and... being in red.
band: Chevelle
song: The Red
album: Wonder What's Next [2002]

Haha. Ok. It would be better if you would have put " "s in the lyrics of the song, and later write 'from (the song name)'. :p

hamed_ostovar
05-07-2008, 08:22 AM
I do this when I mean to point to that lyric. in this case I use it as my own word. no need to more info about artist! :)
thanks anyway.

crash
05-07-2008, 08:45 AM
I do this when I mean to point to that lyric. in this case I use it as my own word. no need to more info about artist! :)
thanks anyway.

No problem. Just wanted to clear things out for myself and the others who do not understand it.

hamed_ostovar
05-07-2008, 09:22 AM
be my guest ;)

BHead
05-07-2008, 05:15 PM
be my guest ;)

For the record, he already was "your guest." :crackup:

hamed_ostovar
05-08-2008, 03:46 AM
yea.. these people ;)

crash
05-08-2008, 09:04 AM
For the record, he already was "your guest." :crackup:

Erm, please explain this. I don't catch jokes well. :(

BHead
05-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Erm, please explain this. I don't catch jokes well. :(

You did it, then AFTER you did it, he said become my guest.

It should be the other way around.

crash
05-08-2008, 11:10 PM

LOL. Ok now i get it. Haha.

hamed_ostovar
05-09-2008, 01:49 AM

You want more explains.. You want to clear things out ..
you can always be my guest! :vampsmile

crash
05-09-2008, 02:18 AM
You want more explains.. You want to clear things out ..
you can always be my guest! :vampsmile

Ok hamed. I get it now. Thanks for clearing things out again. :D

BHead
05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Hamed stop trying to confuse people!

Your giving me a headache!

Just do as follows (for the record I am wearing the crown):

:bowdown:

crash
05-09-2008, 06:19 PM

:thatsfunny: Nice one BHead.

BHead
05-09-2008, 08:53 PM
:thatsfunny: Nice one BHead.

That's how I roll. :lmao:

hamed_ostovar
05-10-2008, 12:20 AM

hahaha.....guys, you are really good!!
ok BHead.:D

crash
05-10-2008, 01:56 AM
BHead, just wanted to know, what subjects do u take in school?

hamed_ostovar
05-10-2008, 02:08 AM

I'm not in school.. I study ICT and Software Enginering in college.

BHead
05-10-2008, 06:39 AM

Blocks as a Freshman in a Private Catholic High School:

A - World History
B - Honors Biology
C - Spanish II
D - Religion I
E - Leadership Skills/Study Skills (depending on semester)
F - Algebra I
G - Computer Information Processing/Health (depending on semester)
H - English I

Hamed, he asked me, not you. :lmao:

crash
05-10-2008, 06:59 AM

Haha. I was waiting for you to say that. I guess i was just too nice to tell him that. :p

BHead
05-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Haha. I was waiting for you to say that. I guess i was just too nice to tell him that. :p

crash is the online person everyone strives to become. :thatsfunny:

crash
05-10-2008, 07:27 AM
crash is the online person everyone strives to become. :thatsfunny:

Haha. Thank you. I take that as a compliment. LOL.

BHead
05-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Haha. Thank you. I take that as a compliment. LOL.

You should, considering telling me not to be a spammer is like telling water not to be wet. :lick:

crash
05-10-2008, 08:56 AM
You should, considering telling me not to be a spammer is like telling water not to be wet. :lick:

I don't really mind anyone spamming here. This is 'videopimp chat'! Thats the reason why this section is created, for ppl to chat and spam! :lmao:

BHead
05-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Hahahaha...
So true...
Sadly...
LOL!

crash
05-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Hahahaha...
So true...
Sadly...
LOL!

And try not to overdo it.:lmao:

BHead
05-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Sorry, my bad, guilty as charged!

hamed_ostovar
05-10-2008, 10:54 AM

:crackup: ooops

BHead
05-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Haha read next time before you post! :D

hamed_ostovar
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Just let me to pass this week!!

BHead
05-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Hamed gets an A this week for having ALMOST good grammar! :D

hamed_ostovar
05-10-2008, 01:36 PM
english is not my language :) sorry for that.

BHead
05-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Haha, it's okay, I'm taking Spanish 2 right now and I'm failing it!

hamed_ostovar
05-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Haha, it's okay, I'm taking Spanish 2 right now and I'm failing it!

I think Im more then -2-:D in english!!

BHead
05-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I would have to agree with you.

hamed_ostovar
05-11-2008, 02:10 AM
I would have to agree with you.

I'll be better, day after day

crash
05-11-2008, 03:20 AM
I'll be better, day after day

Yeah just visit the forums everyday, and see how people use grammar. U will definitely improve like that. :D

BHead
05-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Just look at the way I use my grammar, and in no time you will be able to type out grammatically correct and complete sentences! :D

hamed_ostovar
05-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Just look at the way I use my grammar, and in no time you will be able to type out grammatically correct and complete sentences! :D

Yeah just visit the forums everyday, and see how people use grammar. U will definitely improve like that.

Thank you guys. I'm sure I will

BHead
05-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I would be more then happy to tutor you in grammar this summer.

crash
05-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah. In a month's time, your grammar will be as good as ours! :D And i am a 'pimp' now. :lmao:

BHead
05-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah. In a month's time, your grammar will be as good as ours! :D And i am a 'pimp' now. :lmao:

I'm the biggest "pimp" here, so stop trying to steal my title! :D

crash
05-11-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm the biggest "pimp" here, so stop trying to steal my title! :D

:lmao: I earned that title u know. :p

hamed_ostovar
05-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I would be more then happy to tutor you in grammar this summer.

In a month's time, your grammar will be as good as ours! And i am a 'pimp' now.

cheers.. pimp your life

crash
05-11-2008, 10:20 AM
pimp your life

:lmao: Hamed, I think u should check the dictionary for the meaning of 'pimp'.

BHead
05-11-2008, 01:21 PM
cheers.. pimp your life

I just lol'd. :crackup:

hamed_ostovar
05-11-2008, 01:28 PM
did you ever see the MTV pimp my ride??
do you know what it means? something like making things better.

BHead
05-11-2008, 01:30 PM
The verb "pimping" came up in the early 17th centure.[4] In the first years of the 21st century a new meaning of the word has emerged in the form of a transitive verb which means "to decorate" or "to gussy ." This new definition was made popular by Pimp My Ride, an MTV television show.[4] Although this new definition paid homage to hip-hop culture and its connection to street culture, it has now entered common, even mainstream commercial, use.[7] In medical context, the verb also means "To ask (a student) a question for the purpose of testing his knowledge."[8]

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimp

:D

hamed_ostovar
05-11-2008, 02:03 PM
The verb "pimping" came up in the early 17th centure.[4] In the first years of the 21st century a new meaning of the word has emerged in the form of a transitive verb which means "to decorate" or "to gussy ." This new definition was made popular by Pimp My Ride, an MTV television show.[4] Although this new definition paid homage to hip-hop culture and its connection to street culture, it has now entered common, even mainstream commercial, use.[7] In medical context, the verb also means "To ask (a student) a question for the purpose of testing his knowledge."[8]

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimp

:D

Thanks BHead again, you are very active these days:D
so what's wrong with [ pimp your life ]? it's like [ live your life ]
I think everything can be pimped:D

BHead
05-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks BHead again, you are very active these days:D
so what's wrong with [ pimp your life ]? it's like [ live your life ]
I think everything can be pimped:D

So your meaning I could say something like this:

"Guess what I did last night?"
"What?"
"I pimped your mom."

:lmao:

crash
05-11-2008, 07:38 PM

"What?"
"I pimped your mom."

Ok i think that meaning of 'pimp', which is what Hamed needs to know, is coincidentally not in the dictionary. :lmao:

hamed_ostovar
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM

"What?"
"I pimped your mom."

shame on me :boom!: :crackup:

Ok i think that meaning of 'pimp', which is what Hamed needs to know, is coincidentally not in the dictionary.

so we can add a new line into dictionary:
pimp = Help to your mom. [ it's better off ]:D