PDA

View Full Version : Editing Software??

Pages : [1] 2 3

Draven
06-30-2008, 09:47 PM
So I read through most of these threads and they are all cool, except I am beyond the capture mode. I am looking for the best editing software. I have done some research and found a few I like(as in user friendly and shit) but I need a TRUE hardcore editing software to edit not only music videos but some of my crack pot home movies, any help is good, no help is cool too LoL

N3v4d4
06-30-2008, 11:36 PM
I'll guess that by "the best" you mean professional? I can't give a list of relevant applications because you failed to give any background on your capabilities or computer setup (Mac vs PC, Windows vs Linux, etc) besides being "beyond the capture mode." Google for editing software and I'm sure you'll get more than enough hits. When doing your research, remember to take more than one opinion into account (i.e. multiple websites not affiliated with each other) before making your final decision. A few points to take into account: 1) stick with something that you're familiar with...or has a lot of documentation and support...or you at least can figure out how to use, 2) has the features you want but not TOO MANY features, which will only be useless and frustrating, 3) PRICE - the feature-rich applications will cost decent money, so think about this one.

Hopefully somebody else can throw you a better bone, but this is a starting point. Good luck.

Draven
07-01-2008, 10:47 AM
I am using a
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q9450 (12MB Cache,2.66GHz,1333FSB)
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Theater 600 PRO PCI TV Tuner
512MB nVidia® GeForce® 8800 GT
With Ubuntu(but have WINE as I am still somewhat a slave to Windows)

I have an idea of what you are saying and it shall be help in my search for the software, thx and cheers

crash
07-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I am using a
Intel® Core 2 Quad Processor Q9450 (12MB Cache,2.66GHz,1333FSB)
With Ubuntu(but have WINE as I am still somewhat a slave to Windows

Hey that is a kick-ass machine! With a quad core cpu, video encoding will definitely be a breeze. Im so jealous. :p

Draven
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
No that kick ass, still way too slow. I need more front side bus or maybe 4 2 gig(instead of 4 1 gigs). I am thinking of of getting a dual video to have 2 monitors but I mean I have a 22inch wide screen, do I really need 2?

crash
07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
I am thinking of of getting a dual video to have 2 monitors but I mean I have a 22inch wide screen, do I really need 2?

You don't need 2 video cards to have 2 monitors. Im sure your 8800 GT has 2DVI and/or VGA outputs.

BHead
07-02-2008, 06:51 AM
I am using a
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q9450 (12MB Cache,2.66GHz,1333FSB)
With Ubuntu(but have WINE as I am still somewhat a slave to Windows)

I have an idea of what you are saying and it shall be help in my search for the software, thx and cheers

http://truecheaters.com/images/smilies/drool5.gif

Draven
07-02-2008, 07:22 AM
It has 2 VGA outputs, yes but then I am splitting my resources from 512 mb to 256 mb. I go big or go home LoL Hmm a dilemma, you are right crash, cash wise it is crazy at $200+ it is crazy to buy just to have dual monitors but on the other hand I shall have 1 gig with 2 :) Maybe I try you way.

To BHead :D she is my baby

crash
07-02-2008, 08:36 AM
I don't think it will really 'split' your 512mb card's resources if u connect 2 monitors. I haven't tried it though. Please update me after you have tried connecting 2 monitors.

BHead
07-02-2008, 08:51 AM
It has 2 VGA outputs, yes but then I am splitting my resources from 512 mb to 256 mb. I go big or go home LoL Hmm a dilemma, you are right crash, cash wise it is crazy at $200+ it is crazy to buy just to have dual monitors but on the other hand I shall have 1 gig with 2 :) Maybe I try you way.

To BHead :D she is my baby

Lol @ my laptop. 3.2GHz Pentium 4 with HT, 512mb RAM, 128mb ATI RADEON 9700, 60GB HDD.

If I open firefox and photoshop at the same time I freeze. :(

crash
07-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Lol @ my laptop. 3.2GHz Pentium 4 with HT, 512mb RAM, 128mb ATI RADEON 9700, 60GB HDD.

If I open firefox and photoshop at the same time I freeze. :(

Woah. I thought my Pentium D 3.4Ghz sucked big time. Anyways, its time for a change. My system has been here for 2 years. How old is your laptop?

BHead
07-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I think 3-4 years old... not sure though cuz my uncle gave it to me.

I should be buying a $800 laptop within 6 months though.

Also a Pentium D is a dual core right?

crash
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I think 3-4 years old... not sure though cuz my uncle gave it to me.

I should be buying a $800 laptop within 6 months though.

Also a Pentium D is a dual core right?

Yeah dual core but its one of the worst processors that Intel has created. It heats up fast, and its proven than a 1.6Ghz Core 2 Duo chip can beat it in terms of performance. This is because Intel basically just slap 2 P4 chips together and call it Pentium D. :m00:

BHead
07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah dual core but its one of the worst processors that Intel has created. It heats up fast, and its proven than a 1.6Ghz Core 2 Duo chip can beat it in terms of performance. This is because Intel basically just slap 2 P4 chips together and call it Pentium D. :m00:

My new laptop should be a Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, and Vista Home Premium. Those are the MINIMUMS. Lol.

Draven
07-02-2008, 10:05 PM

Liquid cooling my friend, liquid :) I have read a lot of good/bad stuff about liquid cooling and the "pros" say it shall help out this problem and the problem of certain chip you overclock

Draven
07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
My new laptop should be a Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, and Vista Home Premium. Those are the MINIMUMS. Lol.

Dude, don't go with Windows, it shall ruin your laptop. There are still wayyyy to freaking may problems with Vista and they only get worse by the day, best bet go to Linux. Better OS and better features and on the plus side it shall save you almost $200+(that is what Vista is now eh?) If you go with Linux try Ubuntu(http://www.ubuntu.com/) it is the beginners guide to the wonderful world of freeware

VampYre
07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Dude, don't go with Windows, it shall ruin your laptop. There are still wayyyy to freaking may problems with Vista and they only get worse by the day, best bet go to Linux. Better OS and better features and on the plus side it shall save you almost $200+(that is what Vista is now eh?) If you go with Linux try Ubuntu(http://www.ubuntu.com/) it is the beginners guide to the wonderful world of freeware

Except most kiddos can't function without windows, and most PC's that come bundled with windows...many places don't give a discount for a pc with no os...

VampYre
07-02-2008, 10:17 PM
No that kick ass, still way too slow. I need more front side bus or maybe 4 2 gig(instead of 4 1 gigs). I am thinking of of getting a dual video to have 2 monitors but I mean I have a 22inch wide screen, do I really need 2?

just need dual heads for dual output. Your box is marginally faster than my new one. Q6600 chip as the 2.6ghz chips were hard to find at the time of ordering...tho I still need a vid card for her, don't think I'm gonna drop another ATI card in my box, gonna go nvidia for gaming and maybe a tv card...last 2 boxes had ATI AIW cards in them (8500DV + X600 Pro) respectively.

Draven
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Except most kiddos can't function without windows, and most PC's that come bundled with windows...many places don't give a discount for a pc with no os...

True on the discount and it is stupid in my opinion and well with WINE I believe 98% of Windows programs work, so it should be easy to switch

Draven
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
just need dual heads for dual output. Your box is marginally faster than my new one. Q6600 chip as the 2.6ghz chips were hard to find at the time of ordering...tho I still need a vid card for her, don't think I'm gonna drop another ATI card in my box, gonna go nvidia for gaming and maybe a tv card...last 2 boxes had ATI AIW cards in them (8500DV + X600 Pro) respectively.

I didn't think dual heads but maybe you might be on to something. Was at the Nvidia site a few weeks back and they have I believe a dual 1 gig gaming card, that most of there critics said preformed well but price was a facture. I don't do any gaming with my pc as well I am lazy and like the PS3 controller lol so I can't comment on a good gaming card

crash
07-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Liquid cooling my friend, liquid :) I have read a lot of good/bad stuff about liquid cooling and the "pros" say it shall help out this problem and the problem of certain chip you overclock

Nah im gonna change my system soon. Btw im not bothered to overclock it, as Pentium D is not good for overclocking.

I don't do any gaming with my pc as well I am lazy and like the PS3 controller lol so I can't comment on a good gaming card

If u don't do much gaming, your current 512MB nVidia® GeForce® 8800 GT will suffice. :D I can actually run Crysis on my 7300 (not the best configs)!! :lmao:

BHead
07-03-2008, 07:22 AM

Thank you VampYre. He's completely right. I grew up on Windows, plus all of my computers at school (which I use daily) are a combination of XP and Vista.

crash
07-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Thank you VampYre. He's completely right. I grew up on Windows, plus all of my computers at school (which I use daily) are a combination of XP and Vista.

LOL. Vista still has some problems, not really stable yet. Companies and businesses hasn't made the change to Vista yet. XP is still the more stable one currently. I may consider to dual boot with Ubuntu and XP after i get my new machine. :D

Draven
07-03-2008, 11:28 AM

I grew up on Windows too(95 in fact) but I mean the switch is like a 3 day grace period and once you get WINE, you are flying.

LOL. Vista still has some problems, not really stable yet. Companies and businesses hasn't made the change to Vista yet. XP is still the more stable one currently. I may consider to dual boot with Ubuntu and XP after i get my new machine. :D

Still and always will, they spent almost 7 years on the OS and it came out and what 4 weeks later a service pack. You'd think after that many years they'd have all the bugs out but nope Bill Gates is well (insert witty remark) LoL

crash a dual boot is the perfect solution, you have a chance to see what Linux can do without giving up Windows cold Turkey, plus most Linux's OS have a live disc so you can run str8 off the cd or install without formatting you entire drive. My opinion is to seriously check it out

VampYre
07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Nah im gonna change my system soon. Btw im not bothered to overclock it, as Pentium D is not good for overclocking.

Pent D. had their day, tho its come & gone. It's the same chip I had put in Rainie's PC. Tho I had originally planned to upgrade it to a 3.+ Ghz chip later on down the road. Tho, those plans are obviously now nixed. :(

If u don't do much gaming, your current 512MB nVidia® GeForce® 8800 GT will suffice. I can actually run Crysis on my 7300 (not the best configs)!!

I do a TON of gaming. I just need to pick my card out, and continue to use my older P4 2.8 Ghz / 2 GB RAM / ATI AIW X600 Pro card for now.

It's the way it is. People are stuck/attached to windows. & since the *NIX community can't get their shit together, & bother to launch something very similar to get ppl to move, it won't happen anytime soon.

LOL. Vista still has some problems, not really stable yet. Companies and businesses hasn't made the change to Vista yet. XP is still the more stable one currently. I may consider to dual boot with Ubuntu and XP after i get my new machine.

Vista has more than "some problems". Most large Corp.'s aren't even going to use Vista at all. Espically since most use VLK's anyway. Don't dual boot yet, use Virtual PC or VMWare to test the new OS. I need to load my Vista Biz in VMWare as soon as I find my VMWare software, or remote into work and grab it from there.

Still and always will, they spent almost 7 years on the OS and it came out and what 4 weeks later a service pack. You'd think after that many years they'd have all the bugs out but nope Bill Gates is well (insert witty remark) LoL

I just recently bit the bullet & traded up from Win 2k Pro to XP Pro. XP Still isn't my fav. OS, but its a hella lot better than Vista will ever be, and too many software titles are going XP only. Hence my forceful switch to XP. Meh.

crash
07-03-2008, 04:48 PM

crash a dual boot is the perfect solution, you have a chance to see what Linux can do without giving up Windows cold Turkey, plus most Linux's OS have a live disc so you can run str8 off the cd or install without formatting you entire drive. My opinion is to seriously check it out

Haha Mr. Gates has retired. Wonder if Microsoft will do as well without him. Yeah im gonna run the live disk, now im just waiting for my friend to burn a copy of Ubuntu for me. :D

Draven
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Pent D. had their day, tho its come & gone. It's the same chip I had put in Rainie's PC. Tho I had originally planned to upgrade it to a 3.+ Ghz chip later on down the road. Tho, those plans are obviously now nixed. :(

As long as the front-side bus is good(800+MHz) the machine should run smooth. My girl has a P4 2.6Ghz with I believe it is clocked at 833MHz and 512mb and she runs Vista smooth

I do a TON of gaming. I just need to pick my card out, and continue to use my older P4 2.8 Ghz / 2 GB RAM / ATI AIW X600 Pro card for now.

It's the way it is. People are stuck/attached to windows. & since the *NIX community can't get their shit together, & bother to launch something very similar to get ppl to move, it won't happen anytime soon.

I 100% agree with this!

Vista has more than "some problems". Most large Corp.'s aren't even going to use Vista at all. Espically since most use VLK's anyway. Don't dual boot yet, use Virtual PC or VMWare to test the new OS. I need to load my Vista Biz in VMWare as soon as I find my VMWare software, or remote into work and grab it from there.

I just recently bit the bullet & traded up from Win 2k Pro to XP Pro. XP Still isn't my fav. OS, but its a hella lot better than Vista will ever be, and too many software titles are going XP only. Hence my forceful switch to XP. Meh.

I can see your point but WINE(Wine Is Not an Emulator) you have the freedom to use all of you Windows based programs with the Linux community

crash
07-04-2008, 01:51 AM
I can see your point but WINE(Wine Is Not an Emulator) you have the freedom to use all of you Windows based programs with the Linux community

All as in games and software that runs on windows?? :wth:

BHead
07-04-2008, 07:24 AM

Indeed. :wth:

Draven
07-04-2008, 07:42 AM

Indeed. :wth:

WINE's creators say that 98% of Windows software(including games). Here is the http://appdb.winehq.org/ to some of the games/software the WINE does, I'm sure if you google and play with words you shall find more.

crash
07-04-2008, 07:43 AM
If it IS actually the case, i'd say that we are dumb asses paying a few hundred for windows, when we can use windows apps on Ubuntu, a FREE os.

VampYre
07-04-2008, 07:54 AM
If it IS actually the case, i'd say that we are dumb asses paying a few hundred for windows, when we can use windows apps on Ubuntu, a FREE os.

The PC I just bought, if I wouldn't of gotten an OS I would of saved $0
But I did do a $5 "upgrade" to get Vista Biz w/ a "free" downgrade to XP Pro (so two os's for my box for $5) :D

crash
07-04-2008, 08:18 AM
The PC I just bought, if I wouldn't of gotten an OS I would of saved $0
But I did do a $5 "upgrade" to get Vista Biz w/ a "free" downgrade to XP Pro (so two os's for my box for $5) :D

:wth: You always get damn good deals. Im jealous. :(

Draven
07-04-2008, 02:06 PM
:wth: You always get damn good deals. Im jealous. :(

LoL crash, if you check out things and play one store to another, you too can get good deals, without the magic VampYre had:D

I myself just today, bought a LaCie 500GB USB 2.0 for $79(CND) at FutureShop because The Trailing Edge(a pc shop here in Ottawa) had the same thing listed at $89. You see I love FS cuz they shall always match the compitition price and then give you a 10% discount;) FutureShop had theirs listed for $165.99 and I only pay $89 + tax. I saved $76. The moral of the story is this, companies want your business and they'll do almost anything to get this so be a dick, a jerk, a liar, etc. because at the end of the day you are out for you LoL I am sooooo evil:crackup:

BHead
07-04-2008, 03:59 PM
WINE's creators say that 98% of Windows software(including games). Here is the http://appdb.winehq.org/ to some of the games/software the WINE does, I'm sure if you google and play with words you shall find more.

I seem to be retarded... how do you use multi quote?

VampYre
07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
You always get damn good deals. Im jealous. :(

I got it thru work. Can't help it I work for a computer place. Hopefully that will all be a fading memory soon enough...

You don't. It's not working for whatever reason. Not sure if it broke in an upgrade, or they took it out, or whatever. Will prolly do some work on the forums sometime this weekend. Prolly after the hangover tomorrow goes away. Now Im off to go drink, have some fun, eat some stuff, & blow some shitup & drink some more...happy 4th!

crash
07-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I got it thru work. Can't help it I work for a computer place. Hopefully that will all be a fading memory soon enough...

I gotta work at a computer store one day. :lmao:

LoL crash, if you check out things and play one store to another, you too can get good deals, without the magic VampYre had:D

I myself just today, bought a LaCie 500GB USB 2.0 for $79(CND) at FutureShop because The Trailing Edge(a pc shop here in Ottawa) had the same thing listed at $89. You see I love FS cuz they shall always match the compitition price and then give you a 10% discount;) FutureShop had theirs listed for $165.99 and I only pay $89 + tax. I saved $76. The moral of the story is this, companies want your business and they'll do almost anything to get this so be a dick, a jerk, a liar, etc. because at the end of the day you are out for you LoL I am sooooo evil:crackup:

Yeah i know that. There's an IT mall near my place, which is the biggest in the country i guessIt has like 5-6 floors of shops selling all kinds of electronical stuff. Here's a link (http://www.simlimsquare.com.sg/) to their site. Anyways, yeah I do bargain and compare prices. Just that VampYre got a good discount because he got it thru work. :m00:

You'll have to do it manually like VampYre and myself did.

BHead
07-05-2008, 06:47 AM
You don't. It's not working for whatever reason. Not sure if it broke in an upgrade, or they took it out, or whatever. Will prolly do some work on the forums sometime this weekend. Prolly after the hangover tomorrow goes away. Now Im off to go drink, have some fun, eat some stuff, & blow some shitup & drink some more...happy 4th!

It's what the founding fathers would want.

crash
07-05-2008, 07:43 AM
So how was your 4th of July spent, BHead? Boozing as well? :D

BHead
07-05-2008, 08:44 AM
So how was your 4th of July spent, BHead? Boozing as well? :D

I worked for 7 hours putting harnessing around peoples groins. Made $50 though so I'm not complainin'.

Draven
07-05-2008, 09:02 AM

Needs to call VampYre for most pc parts LoL

As for the multi-quotes, I just open 2 tabs and copy & paste

I gotta work at a computer store one day. :lmao:

Yeah i know that. There's an IT mall near my place, which is the biggest in the country i guessIt has like 5-6 floors of shops selling all kinds of electronical stuff. Here's a link (http://www.simlimsquare.com.sg/) to their site. Anyways, yeah I do bargain and compare prices. Just that VampYre got a good discount because he got it thru work. :m00:

You'll have to do it manually like VampYre and myself did.

That mall is sick! I can't seem to find out where it is located tho? And WoW you must pay for parking??? That is weird, up north here, all our malls parking is free. "You'll have to do it manually like VampYre and myself did and Draven!"

I worked for 7 hours putting harnessing around peoples groins. Made $50 though so I'm not complainin'.

I am assuming you work at a rock-climbing wall or outdoor wall? Cause well $50 to play with ppl groins is too low, unless it is per person:D j/k bro

And yes Happy 4th, hopefully you all got drunk as a skunk and blew some shit up. That is what I like about the US, you can buy fireworks any day 365, up here it is only on 2 holidays and it is a 3 days grace period:(

crash
07-05-2008, 09:06 AM

LOL. I guess the people pay quite alot for the climbing activites, as I remebered during my previous camp, we had to put on the harness by ourselves. Not that hard though. :D

As for the multi-quotes, I just open 2 tabs and copy & paste

Yep. Thats the way to do it.

That mall is sick! I can't seem to find out where it is located tho? And WoW you must pay for parking??? That is weird, up north here, all our malls parking is free. "You'll have to do it manually like VampYre and myself did and Draven!"

LOL. Lets just say that I live in the other side of the world, Draven.

Draven
07-05-2008, 09:19 AM
LOL. I guess the people pay quite alot for the climbing activites, as I remebered during my previous camp, we had to put on the harness by ourselves. Not that hard though. :D

Yep. Thats the way to do it.

LOL. Lets just say that I live in the other side of the world, Draven.

I see, I found the contact and it says Singapore, which yes that is on the other side. oh Oh! give me the lotto numbers and I shall split it 90/10:crackup:

crash
07-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I see, I found the contact and it says Singapore, which yes that is on the other side. oh Oh! give me the lotto numbers and I shall split it 90/10:crackup:

:clapping: Bingo! You've found it! :lmao:

Draven
07-05-2008, 09:24 AM
:clapping: Bingo! You've found it! :lmao:
I am old and had to put on my glasses LoL

crash
07-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I am old and had to put on my glasses LoL

LOL. How old are you?

Draven
07-05-2008, 01:15 PM
LOL. How old are you?

29 but dont feel it

crash
07-05-2008, 06:11 PM
29 but dont feel it

Oh i see. What do you do for a living?

BHead
07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
29 but dont feel it

15 here but feel like... (Vamp can fill this in.)

Draven
07-07-2008, 05:21 AM
15 here but feel like... (Vamp can fill this in.)

For real BHead?

Oh i see. What do you do for a living?

I own and operate one(of 2) indoor skate parks, built it about 6 years ago and then build "super pc's" on the side for ppl(you know the lights, the gigs, the hole nine yards). I love snoty rich ppl, they want all the bells and whistles and shall pay anything for them.

BHead
07-07-2008, 05:52 AM
For real BHead?

Yessir, you are correct.

crash
07-07-2008, 06:07 AM
I own and operate one(of 2) indoor skate parks, built it about 6 years ago and then build "super pc's" on the side for ppl(you know the lights, the gigs, the hole nine yards). I love snoty rich ppl, they want all the bells and whistles and shall pay anything for them.

Hey that sounds cool. Im sure u're earning a decent amount of cash now. :p So you are like a system builder now?

Draven
07-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Yessir, you are correct.

Damn dude, most ppl your age on the www are childish or just f*cking annoying but you are cool, just no more "sir" crap:D

Hey that sounds cool. Im sure u're earning a decent amount of cash now. :p So you are like a system builder now?

Yes and no LoL, I mean the sk8 park is a passion so I really don't care if I earn anything, wait I do have overhead so a lil money is ok and as for the system builder, technically I am not but I have a pc store I visit almost everyday(ran by my cousin) and he hooks me up with ppl that want to mod their pc or get a custum case. I am good with metalwork and plax glass so yeah he calls me cuz well I have the only case he ever made and I always like to bring it out at Xmas and laugh.

:ot:eh?

I have tried the TMPGenc software for cap and editing and I don't like it, any other program(s) that are a lil more user friendly or any suggesttions on top 3 editing softwares?

BHead
07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Damn dude, most ppl your age on the www are childish or just f*cking annoying but you are cool, just no more "sir" crap:D

I have learned to respect my elders.

crash
07-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I have tried the TMPGenc software for cap and editing and I don't like it, any other program(s) that are a lil more user friendly or any suggesttions on top 3 editing softwares?

You can try VirtualDub or VideoRedoPlus. TMPGenc is mainly used for converting videos into VCD (mpg) format.

BHead
07-08-2008, 06:14 AM
For recording videos we use VirtualDub and we record in the uncompressed format, for the sake of quality. We then edit the video by adding the videopimp watermark and cutting out unnecessary video. After that we put it into TMPGenc and encode the digital audio and the video together into MPEG-1. After that we add our tag to the end of the video. (Something saying RipperNameHere@videopimp.org.)

Draven
07-08-2008, 06:50 AM
You can try VirtualDub or VideoRedoPlus. TMPGenc is mainly used for converting videos into VCD (mpg) format.

Thx, I shall look for the programs and give'em a try. I was looking through the sticky notes in the "Making The Video" forum and Asspin talked about TMPGenc and gave the demo a shot

For recording videos we use VirtualDub and we record in the uncompressed format, for the sake of quality. We then edit the video by adding the videopimp watermark and cutting out unnecessary video. After that we put it into TMPGenc and encode the digital audio and the video together into MPEG-1. After that we add our tag to the end of the video. (Something saying RipperNameHere@videopimp.org.)

Thx BHead, you should have a step 1. 2. etc. in there as it seems you know alot about the production of the video, very knowledgeable:D

crash
07-08-2008, 07:07 AM
BHead, you should have a step 1. 2. etc. in there as it seems you know alot about the production of the video, very knowledgeable:D

Yep. He almost became a ripper for VP. :D No offence BHead.

crash
07-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Thx, I shall look for the programs and give'em a try. I was looking through the sticky notes in the "Making The Video" forum and Asspin talked about TMPGenc and gave the demo a shot

Sorry i missed this part on the previous post. Anyways, TMPGenc is not really a demo, its a freeware. The only feature that will expire in 30 days or so is the MPEG-2 encoding function. They will prompt you to purchase the feature everytime you want to encode an MPEG-2 (.m2v, .vob, etc) file. Overall its a good program to encode mpg files. :D

BHead
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Thx BHead, you should have a step 1. 2. etc. in there as it seems you know alot about the production of the video, very knowledgeable:D

Nah, I just remember it from what AudioVENT taught me back in the day. (Over a year ago.) The rest I picked up from the "Making the Video" section. I guarantee you there are others on this site that know twice as much, if not triple what I know.

People you should consider getting to know:

Serch
Rain
N3v3d4
Frenchy

I have found all of them to be highly informative about video ripping.

crash
07-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Nah, I just remember it from what AudioVENT taught me back in the day. (Over a year ago.) The rest I picked up from the "Making the Video" section. I guarantee you there are others on this site that know twice as much, if not triple what I know.

Serch
Rain
N3v3d4
Frenchy

Yep. Make friends with them and i guarantee they will be more than happy to help you. :D

BHead
07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep. Make friends with them and i guarantee they will be more than happy to help you. :D

I tried making friends... I did a horrible job with Rain and Serch. =/

crash
07-08-2008, 11:33 PM
I tried making friends... I did a horrible job with Rain and Serch. =/

Oh. Mind telling us what happened?

BHead
07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I talked too much. :(

chooks
07-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh. Mind telling us what happened?

I believe he already has in another thread you lot were carrying on in. Check this for what he's done to who
http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showthread.php?p=16585#post16585

crash
07-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I believe he already has in another thread you lot were carrying on in. Check this for what he's done to who
http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showthread.php?p=16585#post16585

Sorry. My bad.

BHead
07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Meh. It gets pretty sad when people can hotlink to my post saying that. :(

crash
07-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Meh. It gets pretty sad when people can hotlink to my post saying that. :(

Yeah. The only thing you can do now is to just be your new self. :D

Draven
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Sorry i missed this part on the previous post. Anyways, TMPGenc is not really a demo, its a freeware. The only feature that will expire in 30 days or so is the MPEG-2 encoding function. They will prompt you to purchase the feature everytime you want to encode an MPEG-2 (.m2v, .vob, etc) file. Overall its a good program to encode mpg files. :D

Yeah, I did the whole freeware thing and I didn't like it, hence why I am not going to buy it. I guess there is no "beginner" mode to this program LoL I have other programs that can convert different vid formats, so I am not worried.

Serch
Rain
N3v3d4
Frenchy

C'mon lil dude, take credit when credit is given:D You know more than me so yeah. Thx for the list of ppl, it shall be helpful when I start putting shit together.

BHead
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Credit should be given to those who taught me. I'm simply re-iterating what they have taught me over the past year.

Draven
07-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Credit should be given to those who taught me. I'm simply re-iterating what they have taught me over the past year.

Yes this is true but you should also take credit as you told me. I wasn't sating they don't need credit but I was saying you deserve credit, you could have just said "go as someone" or blah blah but you didn't so yeah take it like a champ :crackup:

BHead
07-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Taking credit for myself on videopimp only makes others, most particularly the admins, unhappy and annoyed. If I've learned anything on videopimp that's it right there.

Draven
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Taking credit for myself on videopimp only makes others, most particularly the admins, unhappy and annoyed. If I've learned anything on videopimp that's it right there.

I don't think you understood me, man. I said yes they deserve the credit for teaching you but you should also deserve it for teaching it to me

crash
07-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't think you understood me, man. I said yes they deserve the credit for teaching you but you should also deserve it for teaching it to me

:lmao: Chill, dude. Maybe he is just too humble. :D Btw most of the stuff can be learnt by reading the forums, so maybe he didn't wanna take credit for something so simple.

Draven
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
:lmao: Chill, dude. Maybe he is just too humble. :D Btw most of the stuff can be learnt by reading the forums, so maybe he didn't wanna take credit for something so simple.

I am chill and if it came across as not, my apologies. Yes they are probably in the forums, and yes he was taught it but yeah he told me so I respect that

BHead
07-09-2008, 07:45 PM
I just don't wanna get banned again... so I'm taking every precaution.

Draven
07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I just don't wanna get banned again... so I'm taking every precaution.

Dude, it is all good. It is totally understandable

crash
07-10-2008, 05:04 AM
Okay back to da topic. Which software(s) do u use to edit or convert your videos Draven?

Draven
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Okay back to da topic. Which software(s) do u use to edit or convert your videos Draven?

You shall laugh, I was using Microsoft Movie Maker(yes I know LoL) plus, Ulead animation studios and their VideoStudio 10 plus a few from Jasc(photo and animation editors) and for converting either Total Video Converter or IMToo AVI Mpeg converter. I know I know all Windows based programs, I am still new to Linux so have to go with what I know. I did pm Rain and he/she told me that Virtualdub and Cool Edit along with TMPGEnc are the programs that she/he uses. So I am checking them out.

crash you got any ideas too? Or Bhead?

p.s I am not sure Rain's gender so yeah, hence the he/she. Rain is a neutral usernamename

BHead
07-10-2008, 03:18 PM
You shall laugh, I was using Microsoft Movie Maker(yes I know LoL) plus, Ulead animation studios and their VideoStudio 10 plus a few from Jasc(photo and animation editors) and for converting either Total Video Converter or IMToo AVI Mpeg converter. I know I know all Windows based programs, I am still new to Linux so have to go with what I know. I did pm Rain and he/she told me that Virtualdub and Cool Edit along with TMPGEnc are the programs that she/he uses. So I am checking them out.

crash you got any ideas too? Or Bhead?

p.s I am not sure Rain's gender so yeah, hence the he/she. Rain is a neutral usernamename

Rain would be a she. She also uses VirtualDub to record the videos in either uncompressed or use a HuffyUV loseless codec.

You can download HuffyUV here:
http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv-2.1.1.zip

To install, extract zip, right click the .dll and click install.

Cool Edit is used for the digital audio, it basically makes the sound all the same level. (Don't remember what exactly this is called, though.)

TMPGenc is used to encode the loseless AVI to the MPEG-1 you see on our site. The tags at the end of all videos. (Something like Rain@videopimp.org.) Its multiplexed onto the video after it's converted to an MPEG-1.

Draven
07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Rain would be a she. She also uses VirtualDub to record the videos in either uncompressed or use a HuffyUV loseless codec.

You can download HuffyUV here:
http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv-2.1.1.zip

To install, extract zip, right click the .dll and click install.

Cool Edit is used for the digital audio, it basically makes the sound all the same level. (Don't remember what exactly this is called, though.)

TMPGenc is used to encode the loseless AVI to the MPEG-1 you see on our site. The tags at the end of all videos. (Something like Rain@videopimp.org.) Its multiplexed onto the video after it's converted to an MPEG-1.

Well now that I have Rain gender outta the way, I can move onto more important things. DAMN! I have to read up on a lot of programs! LoL When I first joined I thought it was cap, tag, finish but yeah this is like a full time job. BHead that you for pointing out HuffyUV program but it seems that it is on the 2% list that WINE(program to run Windows based programs on Linux) doesn't use. I have also googled it and found that it doesn't work even on XP "You'll need Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, or 2000 to run Huffyuv."(taken from http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv.html) Thx for the info and I shall google some more

BHead
07-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Well now that I have Rain gender outta the way, I can move onto more important things. DAMN! I have to read up on a lot of programs! LoL When I first joined I thought it was cap, tag, finish but yeah this is like a full time job. BHead that you for pointing out HuffyUV program but it seems that it is on the 2% list that WINE(program to run Windows based programs on Linux) doesn't use. I have also googled it and found that it doesn't work even on XP "You'll need Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, or 2000 to run Huffyuv."(taken from http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv.html) Thx for the info and I shall google some more

I run it on Windows XP...

It was probably made before Windows XP I'm assuming, but yes it does run on XP.

Draven
07-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I run it on Windows XP...

It was probably made before Windows XP I'm assuming, but yes it does run on XP.

Hmm, odd well ok I shall give it another shot

crash
07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
I also use VideoRedoPlus to edit my videos. I should try using Windows Movie Maker though, haven't touched it before. And yes, ripping is a huge process. The editing part take loads of time and patience. It would be a much faster process if you're experienced like Rain. :D

Draven
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I also use VideoRedoPlus to edit my videos. I should try using Windows Movie Maker though, haven't touched it before. And yes, ripping is a huge process. The editing part take loads of time and patience. It would be a much faster process if you're experienced like Rain. :D

Dude, WMM sucks, it is like grade one stuff and only saves in wma. I shall try VRP tho and yeah suck up to Rain eh what about the others?

crash
07-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Dude, WMM sucks, it is like grade one stuff and only saves in wma. I shall try VRP tho and yeah suck up to Rain eh what about the others?

U call that sucking up? :lmao: I was half awake at that time of posting. It was 6.30am! So couldn't really think properly. Anyways, what's Canada's GMT? And what software is VRP?

BHead
07-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Where I am it's GMT -5.

Draven
07-11-2008, 09:00 AM
U call that sucking up? :lmao: I was half awake at that time of posting. It was 6.30am! So couldn't really think properly. Anyways, what's Canada's GMT? And what software is VRP?

Somewhat yes:D, 6:30a.m. wow you want a cookie? This is nothing, I do 5:45a.m. everyday, my dog can't seem to hold her crap past that. Canada's GMT? We have the same times zones as the U.S. and the world but where I am is Eastern time as for what VRP, it is VideoRedoPlus, I just got lazy, I googled it and it seems pretty simple and user friendly, got the trial and gonna see how it goes

crash
07-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Somewhat yes:D, 6:30a.m. wow you want a cookie? This is nothing, I do 5:45a.m. everyday, my dog can't seem to hold her crap past that. Canada's GMT? We have the same times zones as the U.S. and the world but where I am is Eastern time as for what VRP, it is VideoRedoPlus, I just got lazy, I googled it and it seems pretty simple and user friendly, got the trial and gonna see how it goes

Haha. Nah just telling you that. I prepare to go to school around that time so i will be rushing. Oh VideoRedoPlus. Yeah its good. As long as you cap in mpg based video formats (mpeg-2, vob, etc).

Draven
07-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Haha. Nah just telling you that. I prepare to go to school around that time so i will be rushing. Oh VideoRedoPlus. Yeah its good. As long as you cap in mpg based video formats (mpeg-2, vob, etc).

Oh yeah, I forget you are a young grasshopper like BHead. Umm downloaded the trial of VRP haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. I wish there was more time in my day:( I need at least 30+ hrs. :lmao:

Frenchy
07-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Well if we're still talking about editing videos.

The Programs in my arsenal include:

VirtualDubMod For adding VP logo and Frameserver
TMPGEnc Used to encode videos Frameserved from VirtualDubMod
VideoReDo Plus to Split MPEG-1/2/.ts
MeGui to encode XviD's (also can be used to encode x264)
Avisynth i usually use this to do Restore24() or Mrestore to my captures to send American videos back to 23.976fps Progressive.
(however Avisynth is a frameserver where i could do everything outside of VirtualDubMod but I like a GUI :D)

crash
07-12-2008, 10:27 PM

Avisynth i usually use this to do Restore24() or Mrestore to my captures to send American videos back to 23.976fps Progressive.
(however Avisynth is a frameserver where i could do everything outside of VirtualDubMod but I like a GUI :D)

Woah. Now thats what i call superpower. :lmao:

BHead
07-13-2008, 08:03 AM
I've used AviSynth, it's great for adding effects like titles to videos.

crash
07-13-2008, 08:30 AM
I've used AviSynth, it's great for adding effects like titles to videos.

Titles as in watermarks or what? Sorry, i don't really get it.

BHead
07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
A fancy title for video's like you see on the everday Music Video show.

Here is an example, (Please pardon the sites related to this pic, I don't have AviSynth installed so I had to go find a pic and this was the only one I could find):

http://i35.tinypic.com/29xc483.png

The Orange and Gray bars pop out, and the text fades into it. I re-created this with a friend's help.

crash
07-13-2008, 04:46 PM

Here is an example, (Please pardon the sites related to this pic, I don't have AviSynth installed so I had to go find a pic and this was the only one I could find):

The Orange and Gray bars pop out, and the text fades into it. I re-created this with a friend's help.

Ah okay. I gotta try that software. Looks cool.

BHead
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Ah okay. I gotta try that software. Looks cool.

I have lots of stuff I can send you that you can experiment with.

crash
07-14-2008, 02:08 AM
I have lots of stuff I can send you that you can experiment with.

Haha. Ok. PM me wit all the stuff i need. So Draven, hows the process of you being a VP ripper goin on? :D

Draven
07-14-2008, 03:54 PM

Damn the more I get into this the more I have to buy programs LoL but I am gonna give them all a shot and see what I can come up with, probably nowhere near the quality of VP but yet again I have not the exp of the rippers

I like the effects but I also like watching my videos bare, I even hate the channel watermarks, I always think "I pay for the channel, I know what channel it is, why the fuck should you promote while I am watching it" This is why I pick to d/l from VP cuz their water mark are not that noticeable nor do they cover most of the first few frames

crash
07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I like the effects but I also like watching my videos bare, I even hate the channel watermarks, I always think "I pay for the channel, I know what channel it is, why the fuck should you promote while I am watching it" This is why I pick to d/l from VP cuz their water mark are not that noticeable nor do they cover most of the first few frames

Yep. Agreed. Some channel's chyrons cover most of the video for a few seconds, which can be irritating.