PDA

View Full Version : The Thread Off Topic:)

Draven
07-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Dell Inspiron 1525
Street Pattern
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® SP1 Home Premium Edition
Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - I would like a video card but won't suffer too terribly without one. (I only play Warcraft 3.)
3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
Size: 250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
CD / DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)
Intel Next -Gen Wireless -N Mini-card
Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam
85Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)
High Definition Audio 2.0

I think that is specific enough for you Draven. :p

That is a damn good laptop, I personally hate Dell Laptops cuz it is a pain in the ass to upgrade(by one's self, have to ship it to dell) but this is a sweet machine. The only thing wrong is the Vista but yeah we all know I hate it and Dell isn't offering Linux just yet:crackup:

BHead
07-07-2008, 05:51 AM
That is a damn good laptop, I personally hate Dell Laptops cuz it is a pain in the ass to upgrade(by one's self, have to ship it to dell) but this is a sweet machine. The only thing wrong is the Vista but yeah we all know I hate it and Dell isn't offering Linux just yet:crackup:

I found it on sale for $600 on Sunday at Best Buy, by 10pm before my lazy Dad could decide to lend me $200 it sold out. :(

crash
07-07-2008, 06:27 AM

Why is it hard to upgrade? The components are complicated or what?

I found it on sale for $600 on Sunday at Best Buy, by 10pm before my lazy Dad could decide to lend me $200 it sold out. :(

Oh. Guess you'll have to wait for another similar sale. :D

BHead
07-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Ugh. At this rate I'm never getting one. My Dad refuses to lend me money and he won't let me borrow it from anyone else.

crash
07-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Ugh. At this rate I'm never getting one. My Dad refuses to lend me money and he won't let me borrow it from anyone else.

Yeah its like that. He just wants you to learn how to save for your own expenses, and not resorting to borrowing of cash from others. :p

BHead
07-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Oh my God you sound exactly like him.

crash
07-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Oh my God you sound exactly like him.

:lmao: I've been in your exact situation before. I wanted to get a second hand guitar (an Epiphone Les Paul for those of you who plays guitar) like for 200 bucks. I only had a hundred then, so i asked to borrow another hundred from my dad, which he obviously rejected. The guitar was sold to someone else when i called the shop the next day. :( Yeah so i was just re-interpreting my dad's words. :D

BHead
07-07-2008, 10:41 AM
There may still be hope... but I'm not 100% positive.

Draven
07-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Why is it hard to upgrade? The components are complicated or what?

Oh. Guess you'll have to wait for another similar sale.

As you know laptops are small and well so are their components, so trying to do it urself is well I wouldn't recommended cuz you shall go insane and to sent it to Dell and have it worked on is slow as it is a 2 weeks timetable without ur top(unless you have another or pc you use too)

Yeah its like that. He just wants you to learn how to save for your own expenses, and not resorting to borrowing of cash from others.

Dude, borrowing money sucks ASS! You'll feel a lot better when you earned the whole sum, trust in Draven. If money is an issue maybe a second job? I had 2 when I was a wee lad.

I've been in your exact situation before. I wanted to get a second hand guitar (an Epiphone Les Paul for those of you who plays guitar) like for 200 bucks. I only had a hundred then, so i asked to borrow another hundred from my dad, which he obviously rejected. The guitar was sold to someone else when i called the shop the next day. Yeah so i was just re-interpreting my dad's words.

Nice crash, what year or is a rep? I have a 76 Les Paul, a SG Custom, a Strat and am working on a Dime sig. My girl has a Flying V and a Zakk Wylde Bullseye, two Xmas presents I am sorta still paying LoL

There may still be hope... but I'm not 100% positive.

Hope is good, it is when all Hope is Gone this is a problem LoL

chooks
07-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Hope is good, it is when all Hope is Gone this is a problem LoL

Is this a pun at new Slipknot?! If it is, very clever. I can't wait!

crash
07-08-2008, 04:55 AM
As you know laptops are small and well so are their components, so trying to do it urself is well I wouldn't recommended cuz you shall go insane and to sent it to Dell and have it worked on is slow as it is a 2 weeks timetable without ur top(unless you have another or pc you use too)

Oh okay. No wonder people try to find the laptop with the best specs when they are getting one. :D

Dude, borrowing money sucks ASS! You'll feel a lot better when you earned the whole sum, trust in Draven. If money is an issue maybe a second job? I had 2 when I was a wee lad.

Agreed. And you will stay outta trouble if you refrain from borrowing money. :p

Nice crash, what year or is a rep? I have a 76 Les Paul, a SG Custom, a Strat and am working on a Dime sig. My girl has a Flying V and a Zakk Wylde Bullseye, two Xmas presents I am sorta still paying LoL

Nah i didn't get it, it was sold. I got an Epiphone Les Paul Jr instead. Sounded quite nice after I changed its pickups to a Seymour Duncan JB. Are yours all Gibsons?? :wth: That's alot of guitars.

Draven
07-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Is this a pun at new Slipknot?! If it is, very clever. I can't wait!

Yeah, thought it fit:clapping:

Oh okay. No wonder people try to find the laptop with the best specs when they are getting one. :D

Agreed. And you will stay outta trouble if you refrain from borrowing money. :p

Nah i didn't get it, it was sold. I got an Epiphone Les Paul Jr instead. Sounded quite nice after I changed its pickups to a Seymour Duncan JB. Are yours all Gibsons?? :wth: That's alot of guitars.

Since laptops are still new(sorta), their still working out all the bugs(i.e. right processors, smaller but faster ram, screen ratio, etc.) So buying a laptop with the intent to upgrade is crazy(for right now that is)

Shitty dude, but at least you still got a Les Paul. Yup crash, well everything but the Frender Strat and Dime's Dean Guitar. I love the work and details Gibson puts into their axes. Mind you I bought all except the 76 Les Paul, my father gave it too me when I was 15(he bought it new in 76) and It is never enough guitars! I wish to have all my walls filled, only have about 1/4 of a wall now but soon ever room in the house shall have at least one(or 3) guitars on it

crash
07-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Shitty dude, but at least you still got a Les Paul.

Dude, im still a student and still dependant on my parents for income, so can't really complain on the guitar. I might get an Epi LP Custom though when i've saved enough. :yahoo:

Yup crash, well everything but the Frender Strat and Dime's Dean Guitar. I love the work and details Gibson puts into their axes. Mind you I bought all except the 76 Les Paul, my father gave it too me when I was 15(he bought it new in 76) and It is never enough guitars! I wish to have all my walls filled, only have about 1/4 of a wall now but soon ever room in the house shall have at least one(or 3) guitars on it

This is making me very jealous. :p

Draven
07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Dude, im still a student and still dependant on my parents for income, so can't really complain on the guitar. I might get an Epi LP Custom though when i've saved enough. :yahoo:

This is making me very jealous. :p

It is all good that you still depend on your parents, you are still in school and as I said "it is still a Les Paul" I love LP's guitars and if I had it my way I would own them all. As for school, this shall get you good for a good job and then start you guitar heaven LoL, this is what I did. Also checkout pawn shops and eBay for guitars, I got my girls Flying V on ebay and well lets just say the guy I bought it from had no idea what he had cuz I got it for less than $200 and it's value is over $500. But beware on the guitars on ebay, I almost bought a Dime sig that was a knockoff. Sorry if I made you jealous but I do have almost 10 yrs of buying guitars on you, so in 10 yrs we shall talk and see who is jealous after that:clapping:

BHead
07-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Now this has nothing to do with PC Mods... you guys are hopeless!

Draven
07-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Now this has nothing to do with PC Mods... you guys are hopeless!

Good point and I shall tell you, I have no freaking clue how or why this happens, I guess we might need a "everything plus the kitchen sink" thread so that we don't piss the wrong ppl off or get off topic yet again:anyhelp:

BHead
07-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I say we chat over AIM. :p Makes more sense.

Draven
07-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I say we chat over AIM. :p Makes more sense.

:lmao: I use no IM programs on any of my pc/laptops. I hate all and will only install if hell freezes over LoL but yes you are right

crash
07-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Good point and I shall tell you, I have no freaking clue how or why this happens, I guess we might need a "everything plus the kitchen sink" thread so that we don't piss the wrong ppl off or get off topic yet again:anyhelp:

:lmao: We get carried away so often. I guess 'videopimp chat' will be the ideal place to house this thread. And i'm not gonna spend all my hard earned work on guitars. I also want a sweet overclocked machine with tons of storage space. :vampsmile

Draven
07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
:lmao: We get carried away so often. I guess 'videopimp chat' will be the ideal place to house this thread. And i'm not gonna spend all my hard earned work on guitars. I also want a sweet overclocked machine with tons of storage space. :vampsmile

Dude, I have 3 passions in life and they are this my dog, my guitars and my pc(and it my girl sees this I am blaming y'all for the edit:lmao:) So yeah why have just the sweet pc, when you can have both or even the pc, guitar(s), house etc. the sky isn't the limit, your ability is, so have fun and go to pluto of planet X LoL

Go here so we don't piss the wrong ppl off http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showthread.php?p=16686#post16686