PDA

View Full Version : Banned from #videopimp on efnet

tingrin87
12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
[12:05:10] * SwtchFoot sets mode: +b *!*@*.eckerd.edu
[12:05:10] * You were kicked by SwtchFoot (banned:SPAMMERS)
* you were banned from [#videopimp] by [SwtchFoot]

i think i was banned because my client was responding to !list in your chan- i have since fixed the issue (removed the trigger altogether)
thx,
TinGrin87

VampYre
12-09-2005, 02:48 PM
No, you were noticing users in the channel with your SPAM about "Whose Line is It Anyway"

:spam:

You did it several times. This wasn't an Accident. It was intentional. As was the ban.

:spam:

tingrin87
12-09-2005, 05:05 PM
truly and honestly, this was something that was supposed to only respond to !list in one of my other chans, hence the line about !rules :(
(i received a letter from my ISP telling me that one of the sites is to be removed immediately...)
(btw, the links are still clickable- pease do me a favor and remove the URL beneath)

tingrin87
12-09-2005, 08:07 PM
is there any way for us to work this out?
my script went haywire, and has since been removed.
also,there are other people at my school that use videopimp (with a host of eckerd.edu)

tingrin87
12-12-2005, 12:13 AM
i'll take that as a NO, which really is quite unfortunate, as it was an honest accident, and i have resolved the issue on my end.

VampYre
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
i'll take that as a NO, which really is quite unfortunate, as it was an honest accident, and i have resolved the issue on my end.

:wth:

Well, thanks for letting me get to it. Been gone most of the weekend, came home and updated forums, as a new security package was out, went back to "enjoying my weekend" and now people are upset I'm not there 24/7/365 to take care of their issues.