PDA

View Full Version : Dead Computer

Jeff1691
12-17-2005, 06:03 PM
just a note to let everyone know that my server will be offline until i sort out what is dead my comp. nasty storm here last night. i came home just thinking the power went out. tried to fire it up today and no go :soshelp: . i will look into it tomorrow but if its not just a power supply i will have to make an insurance claim so will be a little while before it gets replaced.

VampYre
12-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Got a power supply tester? Those things just rock! I love mine.

Jeff1691
12-18-2005, 02:42 AM
no i dont. but i tested it with a multi meter and its dead so i hope nothing else is damaged. i will get a new power supply in the morning and put it in and see if it runs.

Jeff1691
12-18-2005, 08:08 PM
/me cries. well it is dead power supply, atleast one of the hard drives(the one with all my vids), mobo and cpu. its at the pc shop now getting a once over to find what i can use again. dont know how long the server will be off i will start downloading to this pc tonight and set up a temp server.

VampYre
12-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Was it all on a surge protector? Sounds like you had a nasty lightning strike nearby.

Jeff1691
12-19-2005, 04:06 AM
yes it was on a surge protector but a cheap and nast old one. i will be investing in a decent one tomorrow. but good news :yahoo: i am back up and running the comp shop got it all patched up. i did loose majority of my vids (caps) but still have most of my server vids :clapping: . server is now back up.