PDA

View Full Version : changed name - Riot for Violet

VampYre
12-29-2005, 08:38 PM
So apparently Joe Dick Tribute has changed their name. Unfortunally due to some really bad Taco Bell, I missed their first show. Then they popped another show on us a few hours before it was set to take place. Now I'm 2 shows fucking behind. Grrrr....

Aniviel
05-17-2006, 04:27 AM
lol....wonder why they changed their name?

thurston
05-27-2006, 01:04 PM
riot for violet changed names from joe dick tribute for a number of reasons. first, alot of (dumb) people live in st. louis. these (really dumb) folks in st. louis were confusing us with "joe dirt," a cover band. then these (incredible god-awfully dumb) people in st. louis would see the "tribute" in our name and think that we were a tribute to "joe dirt," the cover band. a tribute to a cover band?! that and our drummer at the time wanted to change it. so we did. and now he's not in the band anymore. go figure...riot for violet lives!
-thurston/riot for violet

muzick
10-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Since the last posting on riot for violet was back in may, does the site still exist? I will try and get over there and take a listen if they haven't gone away yet.

Rain
10-06-2006, 06:10 PM
there's even new recordings on their myspace!

VampYre
10-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Since the last posting on riot for violet was back in may, does the site still exist? I will try and get over there and take a listen if they haven't gone away yet.

Would be nice if you were even interested in anything other than spamming tons of old posts just to get points to play in the arcade...