PDA

View Full Version : Server Offline

Sarulacs
01-28-2006, 01:03 PM
The apartment building next to mine burned down Thursday night. The fire spread to the top few floors of my building, so there is water damage to my apartment. I was asked to evacuate quickly on Thursday and since then, I haven't been allowed back in to get anything. I am currently staying at a motel with no computer or dedicated internet access. They will most likely be tearing the apartment building down. If they decide to rebuild, the earliest it will be habitable is in months. The earliest I can go in and get my stuff is Monday. I have absolutely no idea when I can my server back up. My parents have to find a new apartment or house and then we have to get broadband back. I'm just posting off a laptop in circuit city right now. I'll update my status when I get more information.

Edit
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060127/NEWS01/601270329&SearchID=73233954688728
That's the news story on the fire at my apt.

VampYre
01-28-2006, 10:55 PM
That sucks. Hope you and your parents can find someplace to live.

oxynerd
01-29-2006, 11:40 AM
damn I know how much that sucks. lucky it wasn't your apt. 2 or 3 years ago my apt burned downed. well half of it I lost half of my stuff. lucky my room was on the other side and just smoke/water damage. suprizing all my pets made it thru. dumb ass pot smoker left a candle burning when he left the place.