PDA

View Full Version : Why the download ends?

PNCad
02-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I was downloading and sudennly:
[5:03pm] *PROMO|BOT* ** Closing Connection: Owner Requested Close
What means?

And then:
[5:08pm] *PROMO|BOT* ** The Owner Has Requested That No New Connections Are Made In The Next 253 Minutes
but i was conected.Is it a kind of ban?

hunnybear
02-01-2006, 09:55 AM
all that means is that the bot owner asked for no new requests for downloading made on the bot for that number of mins most likely the bot owner was changing files around or some kind of updating. If you hammer the bot i am sure the owner will ban you from the bot. As long as you can keep up witht he min speed set to download fromt he bot and you do not make the owner of the bot mad you should be fine to download from it when that number of mins is up.

PNCad
02-01-2006, 09:57 AM
i have said nothing and i was over 90 kb/seg. thats i hope after i will unbanned from the channel only for report a spammer

VampYre
02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
There is no ban, I killed all the sends/queues and basically stopped the bot so I could fix a few things. It's set not to list in the channel for x hours and not to send for another x hours. Please stop complaining about the damn bot or I will ban you from it.

It's a free service to you, though I do PAY for that bot. If it's not working then simply just wait til it is, rather than bitching about it. Bitching will only get you banned from it.

If people keep bitching about it, I will just quit paying for it, and it will go away. Then it will solve the problem. No need to worry about bitching, because it just won't be around.

PNCad
02-01-2006, 11:48 AM
i dont want to bitch so sorry. i only want to know why a download stops and i canīt retry. i apreciate that you do i help if i could but i cant be a fserve because i live with my pparents and i have no money to donate because if i would have it i will live alone. but dont always defends with and atack calm down