PDA

View Full Version : Netgear problem *for downloading*

cellular
02-11-2006, 10:58 AM
the link provided for port forwading doesnt actually have a port for mIRC?

aslo:im a bit n00bish so does anyone know how i can download my files? i am currently running on a ntgear WG111 router (somewere around that number, that was adapter number)

and until i change my settings for that then i wont be able to download :(

help soon plz

VampYre
02-11-2006, 07:31 PM
The WG111 is a USB wireless stick. I have one too. That isn't your router. Best way is to look at your router, then put that model in google and the word irc or irc settings.

ie. "dlink 645 irc settings"

similar to that. Though, by default, you shouldn't have problems downloading on irc, unless you have firewall software installed on your pc/laptop or unless you possibly have strict firewall rules on your router or your wireless network connection is too low.

cellular
02-12-2006, 05:35 AM
thnx for that help, i will try it out

the router i am using is a Netgear 54mb/s DG834G if thats how it is pronounced?

i believe it has a built in firewall, yet i am not very computer litterate to figure out how to bypass this without shutting it down completely.

I believe it is something to do with port forwarding? as I had to do the same thing to access msn.

I willdo some research andpost again if I cannot find any more info

thnx :)

bbBear
02-12-2006, 08:41 AM
You fiddled around with the settings within your router, by opening up a new Internet Explorer window (Or firefox window) and typing: 192.168.0.1 into it? (Default username and password for it is: admin and password, respecitively) That has firewall options within that, not too sure if you have altered with the options there, apologies if you have. :)

cellular
02-12-2006, 09:08 AM
thank you all (and hunybear through PM's)

using vampyrs search in google, i came up with this site : http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/DG834G/mIRC_DCC_-_IRC_DCC.htm

which guided me on how to chnage my firewall (an advanced version of what bbBear said)

thankyou all :D

VampYre
02-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Glad you found the fix. I bet you felt really good after you got it all figured out. :)

cellular
02-13-2006, 05:18 AM
yeh was great, been looking for a video for over a month, glad to finally find it :)