Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
96 cherokee

Thread: 96 cherokee

Videopimp Members

Thanks

Default 96 cherokee

ill have to get some photos up of what I got right now. not very pretty but I can still smoke my tires with out doing a break stand with 190k miles on it. whooooo!!

Videopimp Members

Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2068033 theres a link to the cardomain.com thing. I need to get some updated photos/info. got a new airfilter (k&n) and new head lights (still look the same, too bad they are just as shitty as the old ones already, and a new deck. tore the bugger apart trying to find all the holes in it that need to be fixed.

Thanks

Those are some old-ass lookin RF subs ya got there, i bet they still sound really freakin good. :)

Videopimp Members

Thanks

yea fuckin old as hell, got them for free. in that box they sound like asshole tho. RFA 8-12s, as in 8ohms and 12 inch. one of the magnegts started falling off, reglued it and now its fine. need to build a new box for them. added one 4ohm 12, and when it actually dropped down to 2 ohms for like 30 min (the last part of my drive home) one day, holy hell that fucker was loud as hell. right now got this newer RF in there, a stage 1 12 4ohm.

Videopimp Members

Thanks

well you may never see this cherokee again.

well last night something blew up in the engine of the jeep. I think its the head gasket. I was goin along and all of suddenly the check engine light was flashes and started to spew out smoke from the tail pipe. lost all power so I pulled over and turned it off and smells like coolant/anti freeze real bad. gotta get gary to pick it up tho, righ tnow its about 30 min away from home.

if its the head gasket like I think it is thats a grand + to fix. luckly tho I only have a inline 6 and only one part has to be taken apart instead of 2 sides. but I could have really fucked up the engine and not even be worth it to fix it.

Happy Poster

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oxynerd
    well you may never see this cherokee again.

well last night something blew up in the engine of the jeep. I think its the head gasket. I was goin along and all of suddenly the check engine light was flashes and started to spew out smoke from the tail pipe. lost all power so I pulled over and turned it off and smells like coolant/anti freeze real bad. gotta get gary to pick it up tho, righ tnow its about 30 min away from home.

if its the head gasket like I think it is thats a grand + to fix. luckly tho I only have a inline 6 and only one part has to be taken apart instead of 2 sides. but I could have really fucked up the engine and not even be worth it to fix it.
    Well if theres water mixing with Oil and it overheats really fast its your head gasket. I have a 1993 5.4L V8 Grand Cherokee had the same problem and lucky for you you only have the one side, I knew how to fix it so I fixed it myself. While I was fixing the Grand Cherokee I had to have a ride to work so I bought a 1984 Buick Le Sabre for $350 works fine, I might sell it to a Mexican cause they love these cars or I might stick in the Demo Derby.

Thanks

You, without a doubt, have a problem with the head. Not all that hard to fix with an inline six. You can do it yourself with a little bit of help from a book or good friend. Just make sure you check to see that the head wasn't warped by the heat. If it was, just get another from a junkyard and slap it on in with a new gasket. Should be fine then. Good luck. :)

Videopimp Members

Thanks

well im guessing it didn't warp. since I shut it off right away, psshhh like that means anything when it runs at 200 degress f all the time. still at the tow shop, should have it out tomorrow. going to try to do it myself since the gasket is only 35 bucks. tis all the updates I have on that for now

Thread Information