Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Banned

Thread: Banned

Wannabe

Thanks

Default Banned

Hi there. I am relatively new to Irc. I joined the videopimp server and have been kicked thrice by HUnny without a reasonable explanation. And because I wish to complete my downloads, I came back and asked her politely as to why I was kicked only to be threatened of a permanent ban and guess what? Getting kicked again. Is this some trigger happy mod? I don't mean to be rude but it did piss me off because I was't on some multiple account, nor was I trying to contact a server. I read the rules and just downloaded normally.
    Can someone please tell me why?

Wannabe

Thanks

Ok, I do understand that I messaged a bot/moderator, which is taboo,but it was only to ask why I was kicked initially?
    The only response I got was some '+' and 'voice' mumbo jumbo.

Thanks

If you maybe want to read the above sticky post, and post some useful information we could figure it out. I have no clue what your Ban info is, what your irc nickname is, what ban message you got, when you were kicked.

Need that info, if I'm even going to be able to look at any of it.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

It was a 30 min ban and I told you to read the rules and terms more then once and that you had already broken them and if you kept up i would set a perm ban... Now to let you know I am the nice one so be thankful as I could have banned you from the start. And you had copied an ad more then one time before to get a voice which is not good that is what started all of this.

Wannabe

Thanks

I am certain you are a nice one,and thank you for not banning me permanently. But I am dead certain I did not post any ad.Maybe you confused me with someone else.What have I got to post for?I am new to this and have nothing to promote.

Wannabe

Thanks

I realised what may have happened. Maybe while posting a trigger, I highlighted and copied the entire link of a server and posted that and you(Hunny) or another mod assumed that it was an Ad that I was posting instead of posting a trigger of the server.Could be possible.

Thanks

several days we've had to devoice you in the channel because for several days you copy/paste just enough of someone's server ad to get yourself voiced. after seeing you do it more than once, it's natural that we'd kick you. when you KEEP doing it after that, it's natural we'd ban you. I just saw you do it AGAIN today.

[12:37] <drifterz> File Server Online Triggers:«/ctcp EagLe62K1 New Stuff • /ctcp EagLe62K1 Old Stuff
    [12:37] Gumbo sets mode: +v drifterz

this is you on IRC:

Nick: drifterz
    Address: ~drive1@83.110.235.118 «Unknown»
    Name: Mustafa

you use a different IP on IRC than here on the forum (213.42.2.26) but both DNS back to Emirates Telecommunications Corporation P O Box 1150, Dubai, UAE. So we know it's you cuz your problem on IRC corresponds directly to the problem "drifterz" is experiencing.

Even though you didn't want to admit who you are or admit that what you're doing is wrong, you're not permanently banned (yet). so we'll just let this go unless you bitch more about YOU being in the right about ANYTHING.
    Last edited by Rain; 05-31-2006 at 11:49 AM.
    Rain, VP ripper, channel/forum moderator
    "We are all crazy...it is only a matter of degree and direction."
    www.rainofhearts.com

Wannabe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    several days we've had to devoice you in the channel because for several days you copy/paste just enough of someone's server ad to get yourself voiced. after seeing you do it more than once, it's natural that we'd kick you. when you KEEP doing it after that, it's natural we'd ban you. I just saw you do it AGAIN today.

[12:37] <drifterz> File Server Online Triggers:«/ctcp EagLe62K1 New Stuff • /ctcp EagLe62K1 Old Stuff
    [12:37] Gumbo sets mode: +v drifterz

this is you on IRC:

Nick: drifterz
    Address: ~drive1@83.110.235.118 «Unknown»
    Name: Mustafa

you use a different IP on IRC than here on the forum (213.42.2.26) but both DNS back to Emirates Telecommunications Corporation P O Box 1150, Dubai, UAE. So we know it's you cuz your problem on IRC corresponds directly to the problem "drifterz" is experiencing.

Even though you didn't want to admit who you are or admit that what you're doing is wrong, you're not permanently banned (yet). so we'll just let this go unless you bitch more about YOU being in the right about ANYTHING.
    Ok,firstly,in all of my posts,no where have I claimed to be in the "right". Obviously if I am getting kicked,then I must have done something wrong.Its just that I was not aware of the reason why I was getting kicked,then if you read in my last post, I finally figured out why I was kicked, I posted the entire line instead of the trigger. You should understand that I am not doing this intentionally. And I had previously apologised to Hunny as well. Where does the bitching come in then?

About me admitting who I am, I didn't see anyone except vAMpyre asking me what my name was, and when Hunnybear answered my query, I assumed everyone knew who I was. Its not like I have something to hide anyways. So yes,I am "drifterz" You seem quite paranoid about this,but I see nothing of not disclosing my IRC id.

Needless to say,I'll be more careful in posting the trigger correctly in the future, before I get banned!

Rain, thank you for the detailed insight on the issue,your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Nice pic,btw.

Thanks

If you don't post you who are, we won't take care of the ban. That simple. If you want to play anonymous when you are trying to get rid of a ban, the ban will just stay.

We can't just "guess" who you are in the channel where a few thousand folks a day pass thru. That's insane. There is a sticky post at the top, that tells you what to post when you are banned. If you cannot do that, then tough shit. Notice the word "Administrator" next to Rain's nick?

And its obvious that you keep doing the problem. Just comes down to how hard is it to do a simple copy/paste?
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VampYre
    If you don't post you who are, we won't take care of the ban. That simple. If you want to play anonymous when you are trying to get rid of a ban, the ban will just stay.

We can't just "guess" who you are in the channel where a few thousand folks a day pass thru. That's insane. There is a sticky post at the top, that tells you what to post when you are banned. If you cannot do that, then tough shit. Notice the word "Administrator" next to Rain's nick?

And its obvious that you keep doing the problem. Just comes down to how hard is it to do a simple copy/paste?

My name is drifterz.I am not trying be annonymous dude.I figured everyone knew.Anyways,no worries,
    Sorry to all the mods and admins.Will be careful how I post.

Thanks

When your forum nick is different from your mIRC nick, you cant assume that everyone knows who you are. I had 2 different names before, but I asked if I could get my forum nick switched so it could be the same as my mIRC nick. It makes it much easier to identify who you are lol.
    Gillbert Rox your sox!

Videopimp Members

Thanks

Should ALWAYS use your IRC nick in this forum.
    It makes it a helluva lot easier for us to help you when things get stuffed up.

Plus, there wasn't a post of what the kick actually was, so we would also have to go looking for the name and why they were kicked, and seeing as we all have very busy lives, it makes it hard to keep up with people getting kicked...

As for Hunny, she would HAVE to be the most patient, helpful, and nicest person in VP.....
    *starts up the I Love Hunny fan club....*

Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen76
    Should ALWAYS use your IRC nick in this forum.
    It makes it a helluva lot easier for us to help you when things get stuffed up.

Plus, there wasn't a post of what the kick actually was, so we would also have to go looking for the name and why they were kicked, and seeing as we all have very busy lives, it makes it hard to keep up with people getting kicked...

As for Hunny, she would HAVE to be the most patient, helpful, and nicest person in VP.....
    *starts up the I Love Hunny fan club....*
    It doesn't have to be the same, but it MUST BE POSTED in your post for unbanning. That simple. If folks cannot follow the baisc outline we have posted for bans, then they won't be unbanned until they do. It's not my job to sift thru hundreds of thousands of lines of code, when the person in question could easily do it themsevles.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thread Information