Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
..is Back

Thread: ..is Back

Thanks

Cool ..is Back

Just thought I'd give the obligatory "hey I'm back" post after being gone so long. Why the long absence? Number of reasons:
    - I was playing around with trying to change my server to Linux, and accidentally formatted over the bulk of my video collection (that was the major one)
    - I'm active duty military and haven't been so for very long, so they keep me in the dorms still. I was getting caught up in a series of rapid room changes, moving every three months or so
    - My ISP's service was extremely unreliable until they moved me to the other side of the base finally

And as far as stuff that may be coming up?
    - I still want to run a Linux server. I always have. Wether that'll be an emulated Windows server via Wine or a true Linux server (perhaps an eggdrop add-on, or IRCfs once they finally finish it) remains to be seen. However, I like to think I know better now than to try that without having an alternate computer to back everything up to.
    - I'll be moving off-base in January. Sadly, that means a switch from cable to DSL. I'm not sure how my speeds are going to be, but if they're even reasonable at all, that will be no reason for me to quit serving.
    - My ultimate goal is to 'catch-up' to the archives, and consistently have a server loaded with literally every video we've released. In a loose sense of the word, our users are our customers, and they shouldn't have to ask us to make something available. It's on us to be everywhere, and I want to step up and handle that aspect. Yes, that means I'll have to have all the obnoxious Britney Spears videos on there too, but it'll only serve to increase my video count.

That all being said, if anyone ever has any questions for me, I generally leave my computer and IM clients running 24/7, so you can always reach me that way, or via PM on these forums.

Thanks for having me back, and Happy Pimping!
    ~dUc0N
    // dUc0N //
    MySpace Blog

Thanks

By the way, would it be too troublesome to add me to whatever group Servers are in on the forums?
    // dUc0N //
    MySpace Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dUc0N
    By the way, would it be too troublesome to add me to whatever group Servers are in on the forums?
    Same for all new servers, you get re-added to the Videopimp Memebers group after the 2 weeks or approx 10 gig dealie.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

Ah. I see.
    // dUc0N //
    MySpace Blog

Thread Information