Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
i was banned for asking anyone for disturbed-land of confusion-was i bad?

Thread: i was banned for asking anyone for disturbed-land of confusion-was i bad?

Wannabe

Thanks

Default i was banned for asking anyone for disturbed-land of confusion-was i bad?

* Dns resolving 24.32.139.55
    -
    Local host: doc-24-32-139-55.lampasas.tx.cebridge.net (24.32.139.55)
    -
    * You were kicked from #videopimp by SwtchFoot (banned:http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/)
    -
    #videopimp unable to join channel (address is banned)

the above message appears when i try to connect to #videopimp-i was asking anyone if they had the new disturbed video "land of confusion" and was suddenly banned-i thought i was following the rules-I am a new user and thought that was a bit harsh. I just want an explanation-and it could be some other reason I am not aware of. Please reply. Thank you for all the great videos! I hope you will un-ban me so I can enjoy more videos! Thank you greatly! my username was tom2badcat.

Wannabe

Thanks

Default the day and time I was banned

I guess you need the day/time when I was banned - it was July 19th around 10:00 am central time.

Wannabe

Thanks

Default also if this might help....

i showed my wife how to use the features in #videopimp and gave her her own nick-(kristykat) after reading some of the other banned posts, I thought maybe I was banned for multiple nicknames-these are the only two we used-hers and mine (tom2badcat). this may not help, but i thought it might be useful.
    thanks again!

Thanks

I was gone all day, please post your actual ban info, read the sticky post for more info....need the actual ban...then it can be looked up and resolved.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

Default need more info...

you said read the sticky post, but there are several of them, maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. I checked mirc logs and I apparently had not configured it to save the logs because I could not view them. I have fixed that now, like I said, Im a new user. The info I have provided you is all I have. Thanks for resoponding!

Thanks

Read this post:
    http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showthread.php?t=12

The message they are looking for looks something like this, but it may not be exactly this in your case:
    +b *!*@dsl-082-083-062-095.arcor-ip.net

You would usually see it in the channel window before you get kicked/banned. Turn on your logs, join the channel, and when you get kicked, check your log from that day/session. Hopefully, that helps you get the message VP needs to resolve your ban.
    Gillbert Rox your sox!

Wannabe

Thanks

Default ok i think this is what u need....

ok-this is what was in the log when I tried to connect tonight-I hope this is what is needed, thank you so much for looking into this, i hope i haven't pissed anyone off! I remember before I was banned typing something like #videopimp rocks...or something like that...and after reading some of the other complaints about banning, i see that the "(#)" key is a problem...if that was the reason, i am sorry about that-i am new...I was only referencing the channel videopimp as its actual name in the irc channel list..."#VIDEOPIMP"-no malitious act was intended...forgive me? the log follows:

Session Start: Sat Jul 22 20:18:12 2006
    Session Ident: #videopimp
    [20:18] * Now talking in #videopimp
    [20:18] * Topic is '!list @find !help | 4NEW7 Stone Sour, Eighteen Visions, DevilDriver, Thirteen Senses @9www.videopimp.org | 8Vide'
    [20:18] * Set by serch`!serch@bej.be on Thu Jul 20 16:04:21
    [20:18] * SwtchFoot sets mode: +b *!*@*.lampasas.tx.cebridge.net
    [20:18] * You were kicked by SwtchFoot (banned:http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/)
    Session Close: Sat Jul 22 20:18:12 2006

Session Start: Sun Jul 23 23:17:52 2006
    Session Ident: #videopimp
    [23:17] * Now talking in #videopimp
    [23:17] * Topic is '!list @find !help | 4NEW7 Stone Sour, Eighteen Visions, DevilDriver, Thirteen Senses @9www.videopimp.org | 8Vide'
    [23:17] * Set by serch`!serch@bej.be on Thu Jul 20 16:04:21
    [23:17] * SwtchFoot sets mode: +b *!*@*.lampasas.tx.cebridge.net
    [23:17] * You were kicked by Gumbo (Banned)
    Session Close: Sun Jul 23 23:17:53 2006

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom2badcat
    i showed my wife how to use the features in #videopimp and gave her her own nick-(kristykat) after reading some of the other banned posts, I thought maybe I was banned for multiple nicknames-these are the only two we used-hers and mine (tom2badcat). this may not help, but i thought it might be useful.
    thanks again!
    I imagine that is a ban for cloaning, (multiple nicks on the same IP). I will check when I get home.

Wannabe

Thanks

Default Have you checked into the above ban?

Haven't heard from anyone, so I was just chiming in, wondering if it was determined why I was banned...Like I said, I am new and I'm really not sure what I did, I only offered some possibilities that I learned in this forum. Please check it out and let me know if if I can be allowed back in, thank you!

tom2badcat

Thanks

Opps, forgot to check, you can PM Asspin on IRC to remind me if you want, I am at work now...

Wannabe

Thanks

Default ok thanks

i dunno how to PM but if you could remember to check it out, I'll be a good boy next time...still not sure what I did, but I'm sorry.

Thanks

Wannabe

Thanks

Default Havent heard from anyone....

its been awhile since anyone posted anything here, I thought someone was going to check out my ban....i sure would like to get this resolved...please help.
    thank you
    tom2badcat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom2badcat
    its been awhile since anyone posted anything here, I thought someone was going to check out my ban....i sure would like to get this resolved...please help.
    thank you
    tom2badcat
    I don't see any ban for you...looks like it was resolved...
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thread Information