Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Why this format?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why this format?

Wannabe

Thanks

Default Why this format?

At first i have to say - THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GREAT WORK
    But i want to also ask: Why do u rip vids to mpg @ this quality?
    Id expect that ull use xvid for this and that ull use quality that will make file about 100Mb...

Btw im aware that this is my 1st post and im already complaining, so plz dont get this wrong, i really love ur work.

Thanks

Why would you want a bigger file size? That would be too large for the site, and it would take longer to get vids on IRC. Plus, you must realize, we have spent a long time developing the way in which we rip vids. It would really be a pain to have to do that again! I agree that we should probably give it a try, but there is no real reason unless the vid is in HD I would say.

Thanks

IMO Videopimp have got the VCD ripping almost perfect. The quality is great and crystal clear, but still at a small file size. They are possibly the only VCD ripping crew still around, so stick with it guys!

Almost every other crew has changed to xvid/svcd so if u want those formats just find them elsewhere.
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

Thanks

Why change something that thousands upon thousands of folks like?
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jno
    At first i have to say - THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GREAT WORK
    But i want to also ask: Why do u rip vids to mpg @ this quality?
    Id expect that ull use xvid for this and that ull use quality that will make file about 100Mb...

Btw im aware that this is my 1st post and im already complaining, so plz dont get this wrong, i really love ur work.
    If you get bored and want to come up with an easy way for us to do it, and keep our quality and all other needs, be my guest. :)

Wannabe

Thanks

well, im one of those that prefer quality... i agree that if source isnt good enough then there aint real reason to rip it in higher resoslutions or so... but cmon, only amish ppl use vcd
    i guess, that with xvid u may achive all goals - better quality and same file size...
    asspin, if u r askin me how to rip it, then im sry, but i dont know... but i guess it wont be that problematic to find some1 that has needed know-how...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jno
    well, im one of those that prefer quality... i agree that if source isnt good enough then there aint real reason to rip it in higher resoslutions or so... but cmon, only amish ppl use vcd
    i guess, that with xvid u may achive all goals - better quality and same file size...
    asspin, if u r askin me how to rip it, then im sry, but i dont know... but i guess it wont be that problematic to find some1 that has needed know-how...
    So you are amish? You are here. So I guess so.

If you are one of the high and mighty ones that perfer the quality, go head over to the groups that do svcd/xvid.

We have no plans on changing, unless you'd like to be the one who wants to buy ALL our rippers new HD capture cards, and pay for that HD digital access. If not, head your ass over to a site that does what you want.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

so this is the reason ;) ... tbh i dont know about any other groups but you and after 4 weeks of periodical visits ive found some my new favourite bands and that all thx to you, so when ill b nuff rich to start donating my fav projects ud b one of my 1st choices...
    i didnt wanted to insult you with that amish joke and i was kinda expecting that its a win win situation for all... i mean u can rip videos in high bitrate into mpeg2 and then comprimate it to xvid, that should bring higher quality i guess... but i have nearly no experience with this stuff, so maybe im wrong

Wannabe

Thanks

Default VCD...too small

All of the releases are VCDs, but I've noticed a few SVCDs (m2v)... Why not encode with XviD? You can have a bigger resolution while keeping it more compressed than an SVCD. It's just a suggestion, since streaming media (450k, 700k and 900k) are now better looking than VCDs. A lot of other formats seem superior, except for size but that's why go with DivX or XviD...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by degradation
    Why not encode with XviD?
    Dude, did you not read Asspin's and VampYre's posts above??
    Not using FireFox? Why not!? GET IT HERE!!
    Not got a Neopets account? GET ONE HERE!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbBear
    Dude, did you not read Asspin's and VampYre's posts above??
    bbBear, I merged the threads last nite, so he prolly wouldn't of seen that. His post was in a totally unrelated forum.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

Sorry if I made a thread in the wrong place, but why a few SVCDs for certain videos (artists)... and like I said, with Xvid you can have a bigger resolution but still maintain the size (MB) smaller or equal to a VCD.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by degradation
    Sorry if I made a thread in the wrong place, but why a few SVCDs for certain videos (artists)... and like I said, with Xvid you can have a bigger resolution but still maintain the size (MB) smaller or equal to a VCD.
    That is true, but as we said before, we have spent a lot of time getting VCD right, and no one really has time at this point to start messing around with another format.

Thanks

Plus, you must realize, we have spent a long time developing the way in which we rip vids. It would really be a pain to have to do that again! I agree that we should probably give it a try, but there is no real reason unless the vid is in HD I would say.
    I'm with Asspin. I'm really good at VCD. Only played around a little with xvid. And those files can be nice, WHEN the source is perfection. Our sources aren't. Digital satellite and digital cable are still kinda fuzzy when compared to something like HD (which the videopimp producers don't have anyway).
    Rain, VP ripper, channel/forum moderator
    "We are all crazy...it is only a matter of degree and direction."
    www.rainofhearts.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    I'm with Asspin. I'm really good at VCD. Only played around a little with xvid. And those files can be nice, WHEN the source is perfection. Our sources aren't. Digital satellite and digital cable are still kinda fuzzy when compared to something like HD (which the videopimp producers don't have anyway).
    Though, if someone wants to donate some HD cap cards, and some $$ to pay for the HD channels, we would be more than likely to check it out.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thread Information