Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
VideoPimp wants You, Rippers / Servers Wanted - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VideoPimp wants You, Rippers / Servers Wanted

Post Monkey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N3v4d4 View Post
    How much space do you have? Videopimp requires you to serve 50(?) videos during your trial as a server... so while you serve your trial, you'll have that time to get a new drive. Also, don't think you're required to serve 24/7.
    Well, I usually only have 4.5gb max free at a time (been downloading too much), and that's only directly after I burn to a DVD. The space I create on my hard drive after backing up to DVD fills up quickly (once again, because I'm downloading too much). Also, I'm kind of at a lack of money to buy a new hard drive at the moment, partly because...let's just say I'm too lazy to earn the money in some way. My internet connection is also quite shaky at times, and I often get disconnected, one understandable reason being if the phone rings, but mostly otherwise for no apparent reason. I'm on a wireless connection, so that is part of the reason why this problem is happening.

Wannabe

Thanks

Default Willing to serve

Hey guys,

I've been enjoying VP vids for years. I also do a bit of ripping but I don't know how to add the watermarks and need to find out the mpeg settings for tmpgenc again. I'm on qwest DSL and I recently upgraded the raid 5 array on my file box to 3.18 TB. I'm in the process of getting the required # of vids.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowb View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been enjoying VP vids for years. I also do a bit of ripping but I don't know how to add the watermarks and need to find out the mpeg settings for tmpgenc again. I'm on qwest DSL and I recently upgraded the raid 5 array on my file box to 3.18 TB. I'm in the process of getting the required # of vids.
    That's good.

We can discuss how to rip nice videos.

I think you can start to serve for us by reading the sticky threads in this forum about serving.

Post Monkey

Thanks

Watermark is very easy to do and there're more than enough ppl who can help with editing/encoding videos.

Thanks

Well I recommend anyone with capping gear to join. Its pretty easy, sync can be a nuisance and some videos can be difficult *cough* Long Road To Ruin *Cough*. But It will get easier with more experience.
    And another Aussie capper would be nice, so I have backup if I have downtime.
    VideoPimp.org Capper
    frenchy@videopimp.org
    PSN ID: Frenchy182

I'm in the miserable users group

Thanks

.. keep it up Frenchy.. u're doin well.. lookin forward to good releases from you! i may consider to become a server one day.. the only problem now is that i can't keep my machine on for more than 2-3 hours a day..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Well I recommend anyone with capping gear to join. Its pretty easy, sync can be a nuisance and some videos can be difficult *cough* Long Road To Ruin *Cough*. But It will get easier with more experience.
    And another Aussie capper would be nice, so I have backup if I have downtime.
    Okay guys got my capping gear and all the software is install on my computer, tested out the hd and everything is all ready to go and start capping videos. I need help on editing, encoding etc. Once i've got a decent ripp will pm videopimp admins for approval. Hope to join the list of videopimp rippers and help out Frenchy with ripps here down under, cheers.

Thanks

You're the man bensta! I looked into ripping with D4v3 and I don't think I could successfully cap without dropping frames. When I update to a new comp I'll be seriously looking at setting up for ripping. That is, if I can find some gear for Macs that is under $300 for each piece.

I'll be off Telstra as my ISP in a few months so then I'll look at serving if my new ISP doesnt count uploads. It'll be at least 1500/512 (like I have at present) so uploads should go at an alright speed. I dunno if I can use my IRC client (jIRCii) for DCC though (Piano had this issue earlier this yr).

Anyway, its looking positive for the future!
    Last edited by chooks; 11-30-2007 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chooks View Post
    You're the man bensta! I looked into ripping with D4v3 and I don't think I could successfully cap without dropping frames. When I update to a new comp I'll be seriously looking at setting up for ripping. That is, if I can find some gear for Macs that is under $300 for each piece.

I'll be off Telstra as my ISP in a few months so then I'll look at serving if my new ISP doesnt count uploads. It'll be at least 1500/512 (like I have at present) so uploads should go at an alright speed. I dunno if I can use my IRC client (jIRCii) for DCC though (Piano had this issue earlier this yr).

Anyway, its looking positive for the future!
    Telstra as an ISP? hmm don't have anything positive to say about that. This is great news though having a second ripper and someone with access to 7, 9 and 10 digital.
    VideoPimp.org Capper
    frenchy@videopimp.org
    PSN ID: Frenchy182

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Telstra as an ISP? hmm don't have anything positive to say about that.
    Neither do I! I couldnt even get the net connected with any other ISP then I tried through Telstra as a last resort and bingo, it miraculously worked.

As soon as my discount period is over I'll be churning to a new one.

Yeah, will be good with 2 Aussie rippers.
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

Thanks

Right on chooks!! Would be good to see if you could serve for videopimp but i know how un-realiable Telstra can be. It's hard for me because i'm not in a broadband area and i could only get a decent broadband service through grapevine. Hopefully Kevin Rudd would keep to his promise in providing a high speed broadband service to those who are not able to get it so i'll wait and see if that does happen. Otherwise i'll have to upgrade through grapevine.

Wannabe

Thanks

hi serch i would like to start a server myself, i have 1mbit upload with a fairly reliable isp (internode), decent uptime and running the latest invision. i also have the 50 videos, if you could take me through the ropes that would be great.. thanks.

Thanks

I think the message is working, people are getting things working at #videopimp. Including myself (got a server going)
    Great Bensta.

I invite people to help.

Wannabe

Thanks

I want to be a VideoPimp ripper! I want to be one of the VP member!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noobert View Post
    I want to be a VideoPimp ripper! I want to be one of the VP member!
    Please read this thread as it spells out what is needed to be a server, then join us on the mentioned channel!
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thread Information