Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Aniviel's Reviews
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aniviel's Reviews

Thanks

Default Aniviel's Reviews

I am a pretty mediocre writer. I have written for an online Disturbed Radio station for awhile....here is my first article for them....and I will also post ongoing reviews as I remember to do them....or if you beg me to stop because I suck that bad

How To Get David Between Your Legs.....

No, I'm not talking metaphorically. No, I didn't have to drug him.

Sell your soul? Auction off a kidney? You only need one right? It was part being in the right place at the right time and tenacity of a good friend.

I've met the guys a couple of times before. Meet and Greets generally have the same type of setting. Get them in, get them out. Wait in line for 5 hours to talk to the guys for 4 seconds and you are trying to think of the most unique thing to say to them, so you think that you stick out in their head and they will remember you, or that you aren't the one that looks like the dork.

So my girlfriends fly in from out of state to see Sevendust. That is their band. I like them, but nothing special to me, whereas my girlfriend can probably tell you LJ's childhood pet names. I decided to go to the show with them for two reasons. One, to see my girls, them being from out of state, we would hang and have a great time, but two, and almost more important, we knew the members of Disturbed are Sevendust fans and thought we could hang with them at the after party. One of my girlfriends was the Editor of a bigger Chicago magazine and we knew we would get the backstage all access thing, so we were in.

We showed up early with no need since we had balcony seats, but we had to wait for our names to show up on the list. Unfortunately the magazine didn't call that in until after the first 2 bands were on so we missed those. But then we went in.
    Sevendust came on and I have to say I was a little preoccupied with watching David mouth all the songs in the balcony across from ours. It was a awesome show and I have to say after that I got into Sevendust much more seeing how they feed off the energy of the crowd….well that and after seeing how hot Vinnie is=)

Head of security of the venue kept checking on us all night, I definitely made a friend in him and you know us girls, I am hopefully going to use that to my advantage sometime in the future. We headed off to the V.I.P. lounge immediately after the show. Mikey and Dan were already there. Everytime I have met Mikey he has been gregarious when it comes to taking the time out to talk to me. Always smiling, sharing what went well with the show, even though it wasn't his show. He introduced me to his girlfriend at the time, Tina. How she was from California, and I tried my best into talking him into buying her a fur coat. (she's probably still freezing her butt off here.) Then Mikey went out of his way to get an autograph from all the rest of the guys for me for my friend in Poland and was highly impressed that they had a 1 fan in Poland. I didn't get a big chance to talk to Dan a lot that night, I think Nicole and Dan were trying to get home to the baby. But then Dave walked in…with all the guys from Sevendust.

Let me tell you, I did TRY to do the cool thing. I wasn't going to just drool over him and I wasn't going to follow him around like a puppy. I wasn't going to ask him the questions he hears day in and day out, but I wanted to let him know…HELLO OVER HERE BUDDY!

This was before they started recording Ten Thousand Fists, and before anyone knew they were having trouble with it. The Lounge had just started filling up and Mikey had left and my girlfriend knowing I had met him before and also knowing I would have his children if asked yanked me by the hair to go and meet him again. His girlfriend, who is different from the last girl I had seen him with 3 months before graciously backed up so we could speak with him. It was almost like a dance. I would think if you were dating someone with that position, it's a dance you would have to handle with grace.

She introduced him to me and saw LJ from Sevendust and made a beeline for him. She just left him and me together. Could I be happier? I think not. We started with the small talk. It was a Sevendust show, so for all he knows I am there for them. I asked about the new record and how it was going, he smiled a sad smile and said there were a few bumps along the way and tried to explain to me the workings of the record industry. He said how many tracks they had layed down and he was happy with them. He said they were more than anything having producer problems but thought they were going to be straightened out shortly.
    At this point I still didn't want to say I had actually followed them on their mini-tour the previous summer, but I wanted to still keep his attention but I also know he needed to "work the room."

So I made my way around to meeting the rest of Sevendust, got to meet Vinnie…and by meet Vinnie I mean he licked me. And by licked me I don't mean just a peck on the cheek, I mean I needed to reapply makeup. But I also did say he was hot, so I'm not complaining.

Still haven't gotten to the David between the legs part have I?

Okay okay. So I need a drink at this point, while of course always keeping an eye out for David. He is an entertainer. He knows I'm watching. He follows me to the bar. Now the bar is packed. I'm sitting on a stool and he walks toward me and people are closing in on him so he has to press in between my legs because there is nowhere else to go.

I could die now. Life is complete.

So what does he do? What else, we order him a drink and we just sit there and talk. For about 15 minutes. What else he has been doing, how Lisa is, how frustrating putting out the record did become. I also think he was well aware of how much it meant to me and he was doing it for me. Why?

Because that's who he is. That's who they all are. Have they changed since the beginning of their careers in this business? Probably. But is it for the better?
    They are the only ones that can be the judge of that. All I know is if I get hit by a bus tomorrow my favorite drink was a Apple-Martini and it was good.

Please tune in for my next train of thought. Can't really decide if it's going to be the first time I met the guys, or when I went 'on tour' with them. I guess you'll have to check back to see. Until then lick ya later.

Thanks

Default Josh Kelley Blows like a Didgeridoo

Well no one told me to stop, so suffer....

What’s a Didgeridoo? I’ll get to that.
    First let me say Josh who? The only thing I really knew about him was he is engaged to the girl from Grey’s Anatomy. I have all his videos, but in my defense that is because I host about 9800 videos for many artists and he just happens to be one of them.
    My best friend happens to love him, so my job is to be a good friend and sacrifice my ears and see him with her, it was her birthday after all. So we decided to go to the House Of Blues in Chicago. I met her down there since I work downtown already. I thought I saw him on the bridge with all access pass people. Why did I think it was him? Short hairy guy, wearing a flamboyant red scarf with a white blazer. I am seriously trying to convince her he is gay. (It wasn’t him; Chicago can be a mini San Francisco at times)
    We ate at Rocket Bar first waiting for a celebrity, any celebrity to show up. My preference would have been David Draiman, but then I definitely would not have made it to the show. However showing her and our other friend all the Metro sexual men that live and eat downtown was a special treat. So then back to the HOB.
    Every time I have gone to HOB I usually am up front, good view, security is great, and one of the top security guys loves me, so it helps get upstairs passes. But no way was I doing that this time, and the girls were great about it.
    The first band up was called The Kin. The whole night was worth it just seeing this band. They were amazing. They are two brothers from Australia with the most melodic voices I’ve ever heard. They had great rapport with the audience, funny, upbeat. It didn’t hurt that they were incredibly hot. One was playing a didgeridoo, it’s one of those Australian aboriginal wind instruments that you blow through to resonate sound. It was …..What is it when you are at a loss for words? Good?! Then the other brother would yodel through a violin, I have never heard such a sound together. Their drummer played the drums without sticks. He did it with his hands. Again amazing. I rarely get worked up about new music, especially anything none hard rock, but this group is worth it.
    Then next up is Josh. Now I have been making fun of him and saying he blows, is gay, performance was VERY staged, etc. However. …he does have a great voice. He can definitely hold a note, and I don’t know if he does write his own music or not, but if he does, he does have talent. Except for the part of the evening where he stole from Justin Timberlake and sang “Dick in a Box”. But that was just funny I don’t care who you are. He does talk entirely too much about his fiancée, but what are you going to do? I still maintain that he is gay and covering something up, he talked in a lisp, was telling the crowd how good they smelled, including the bass player, and had a big shiny belt on. Now I have friends that are gay, nothing wrong with it…..I’m just saying, time to come out=P

Thanks

Default Alter Bridge Rocked?

Yes that is with a question mark.
    Alter Bridge being the band Creed minus the lead singer Scott Stapp. I loved Scott Stapp. Then got to see him in action….what is the word I’m looking for here? Ah, yes. Douche bag.

Alter Bridge however, I have seen them before and to put it mildly they rocked my preverbal socks. They had everything. Good looking lead singer. Awesome drums. Strong guitar. Hard Bass. That was their 1st album, and then I saw them last Monday at HOB in Chicago. I was a little disappointed. Their new stuff hasn’t caught me like their first did.

Some songs like Blackbird were described from the band as ‘Epic’ to me the song just went on and on and there was nothing in the song that caught me. No specific tune or cord.

Now they did play some old songs which I thoroughly enjoyed as well as I enjoyed watching the crazies…what are those?

The crazies are the people that are followers of the band that I see at every one of their concerts, but go to extreme lengths to see the band. Now, don’t get me wrong I have actually won a contest and partied with them before. But I WON A CONTEST. I didn’t stalk them at their bus and stay up till 3 am at the bar hoping to get a glimpse of them coming out.

Of course not to say that there isn’t bands out there that I wouldn’t do that for, ahem *Disturbed* ahem.

Back to their new album Blackbird. I think I just have to give it a few more listens. I like a few songs so far. Maybe it will just be a matter of growing on me. One thing is fo’ sure, no more drinking more than 5 apple martini’s in front of rock stars. They tend to remember you after that….and not in a good way!

Thanks

that's a whole lotta lickin !! great pieces jen!! I'm loving them!!
    Rain, VP ripper, channel/forum moderator
    "We are all crazy...it is only a matter of degree and direction."
    www.rainofhearts.com

Thanks

Feedback...thank you!!!

Thanks

Theres a whole lotta tongue action going on in those pics. Good on ya for having a great time!
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

Thanks

Aniviel, I plan to marry you, just for your tongue.

Actually, could you just get me a casting of your tongue to place on my mantel?

kthanks.
    Apathetic
    ...and all that's left is terror and truth.

Thanks

I have applications for the tongue, you will currently have to take a number.

Thanks

Default Megadeth Redux?

Don’t get me wrong there is a market for Time To Kill and there new CD Insanity, but I think it was in 1987 and it was called Megadeth at the time.

This was first time I listened to the CD not knowing anything about the band or their sound. So when the lead started singing, I truly didn’t know it was a girl, thinking it was a Dave Mustaine wannabe. But think of it. The balls she must have on her chest to even try to make that sound. Girls are not met with open arms in the Heavy Metal scene when it comes to being a Front woman. They are suppose to be the pretty back ground pieces, and Nicole Williams is here screaming in your face and it totally sounds like she can kick your ass.

Now I’m really not saying their sound is what I would listen to on a daily basis. It took two listens for me to even choke down "Drop of Blood" without skipping to the next song and we are talking about the first track of the record. However, if you are in the mood to destroy something THIS is your album.

The guitar sound of Keith Monville is hard, Drums from Paul Huser, are (and I don’t know or care if they take this good or bad, but I loved the guy) a dead on of Gar Samuelson. He may have been a screw up but he could play drums.

And usually I have LSD-lead singer’s disease, myself, but seeing that Nicole is in that role I will regress and leave that to the bassist this time. Listen to Chad Nordman in "Start A War" makes a bass sound like a guitar.

As much as I’m hyping the band members themselves, you would think I liked the CD. Sorry to disappoint, nah not really. Not my style. But, always to each their own.

The 1987 market is always out there…..lick ya later!

http://www.myspace.com/ttk2007

Thanks

Default Licking Rock stars

It’s my thang, it’s my signature, it’s my less than groupie more than fan, I try to see how many I can do. I won’t name them all, but there have been quite a few and I can say, not one has turn me down, quite the opposite, they usually want to do more than lick back, right Ang? She’s knows what I’m talking about…anyways

Went and saw Alter Bridge with backstage passes on 5-3. The opener was Left Setter, never heard of them before. http://www.myspace.com/leftsetter
    But I loved them. They weren’t traditional rock rock. You know what I mean. They weren’t pretty boys #1, and you know my requirement for a good band is a pretty boy. Pause. Wait for effect…just kidding.
    They just sounded different in each of their songs. There are a lot of bands out there that are very mainstream, have great success and all there songs sound the same. As much as this pains me *ahem* Disturbed..Now just because I make fun of Disturbed doesn’t mean you can, I digress.
    Vocals were done by Nick Langis and he rocked. Looked like Carlos Mencia on crack. He shook like he was having a convulsion and they only thing bad I have to say about him is, dude get that black finger nail polish off your fingers. The crowd hated, I mean hated them. Like Jack Johnson playing at a ********* concert, someone was going to be hit with a beer bottle.
    However, fuck em, I thought they rocked, they just produced a different sound than what they were there to see.

Now I went alone and met a couple of girlfriends there. My best girlfriend was already drunk. Have you ever noticed how when girls get drunk they become temporary lesbians? And they cry by the end of the night. We had both going on, if she reads this she will kick my ass, but I am sure. No I am positive that the people around me and her thought I was gay and I was her bitch. Again, whatever.

Few months ago I wrote a review on Alter Bridge and their 2nd album, kind of something along the lines that it sucked. Let me eat just a little crow here and say they were really good. They know how to work a crowd. Mark Tremonti fell during the show, cracked his head pretty good and kept on going. Myles did a blues cover song and I hate the blues and jazz. Needless to say I have got some bluegrass songs on my zune now, he turned me onto something new. The sign of a singer doing some really good work, if they can change your mind about not only their music but about a different genre as well. They also talk to the crowd during the show, interactive, keep them involved, and they say something different at each show, not the same old same old…*ahem* Disturbed-my brothers and sisters, my blood, speak to me ( I would still have his babies )…sorry easily distracted by David Draiman.
    It was a great show. No moshing, no one falling on my head, just trying to keep my girlfriends hands off my boobs=)
    So at the after party, it wasn’t the most rocking party I’ve ever been to ever. Mark really did hit his head hard and I didn’t even see him, I was told he only showed up for 10 Minutes. However the 1st one I saw was Brian Marshall the bassist for Creed/ Alter Bridge. Now mind you I have licked him before, so I don’t know if this counts or not, but he was way hotter this time, and he ‘hell yeah’ liked my boobs. I also was way pumped myself. FUZZ WAS THERE!!! Fuzz the old bassist for Disturbed. I was going up to him to introduce myself and I was like shit, do I call him Fuzz, or does he hate that because he was kicked out of the band, does he want to be called by his first name, last name…what the hell is his first name, I could only remember his last name, crap!
    He of course is surrounded by hot models, rail thin, plastered with makeup even on their tits. I’m like hi Mr. Kmak. He started giggling. BIG BIG man, giggling. It was hell-arious. Talked shit like you always do and then got my hug and kiss and boogied. Didn’t even cross my mind to lick him..does he count either? Not a rock star any longer..hmmm.
    Party really was dull, a bunch of people trying to kiss the pretty people’s arse. I’m not such much into that, but I do like to step back and people watch. Have any of you ever seen MST3K or Mystery Science Theater 3000? If not Google it, if so, I insert the words that I think they are saying with my girlfriends, childish? Maybe. However funny.
    So back to licking rock stars, I still have plenty on my agenda that I haven’t done..Wishlist include: Brandon Boyd-yes I know he’s skinny. James Hetfield-d’uh. Dave Grohl-the funny ones are the best. Eddie Veder-him I don’t have to lick, he can just talk to me and I’ll be set.

Who do you want to lick?

Lick ya later-

Aniviel

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters cracks me up! Go get em Ani! :)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aniviel View Post
    Now I went alone and met a couple of girlfriends there. My best girlfriend was already drunk. Have you ever noticed how when girls get drunk they become temporary lesbians? And they cry by the end of the night. We had both going on, if she reads this she will kick my ass, but I am sure. No I am positive that the people around me and her thought I was gay and I was her bitch. Again, whatever.
    It was a great show. No moshing, no one falling on my head, just trying to keep my girlfriends hands off my boobs=)
    These two statements made this so much more enjoyable to read. Pics of the night would be fantastic, and very interesting by the sounds of things!
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chooks View Post
    These two statements made this so much more enjoyable to read. Pics of the night would be fantastic, and very interesting by the sounds of things!
    I just now caught the boobs thing... This post just got that much more interesting.

Thanks

Default Indestructible

Some of you know my favorite band is Disturbed and their new CD Indestructible came out on 6-3.

Now I have been harder on them than other bands I have written about in the past because I love their music so much and I didn't want to seem biased.

So what's my review? I have no idea. It's an honest answer. I have written before that they have the same sound but wrote it in a negative manner. Here I think it might be a positive, that they have their own sound. I really only like 5 songs out of 12 on the CD (so far). But similar bands have a unique sound, so all their songs sound almost the same. Yet the band is different from any other band.

You know when ********* is playing, you know when Eddie Vedder is singing, as well as you know when David, Dan, Mikey and John are together it's Disturbed's unique sound.

I will review this one a second time.
    One, because it's Disturbed, and I love them-David even more.
    Two, you need to give the disk a few more goes before you actually make up your mind I think. At least I think so in this instance...and when you are the writer you get to do what you want, I am the writer, sooooo

Lick ya later

-Aniviel

Thanks

Default Nails on a Chalkboard….or My mom would like this music or My God my ears!

There are a lot of titles I could come up with for this review. I was asked to do a review for Brian T. Jackson. He has very indie sound, marches to the beat of his own electronica. It's too bad he doesn't have the vocals to go along with the instruments.

The first song I listened to is called "Get it over with"

It has got to be the most repetitive song I have ever heard in my life. It is reminiscent of early Ramones, which in itself is kinda cool, however it just has the one beat and again the vocals leave a lot to be desired.

"Morning Air" is what I listened to next, and Brian is very good with the instruments, if he could just work on being less repetitive in his songs and work on getting more than one beat.

I hated "Neon Sky". I don't hate anything, hate is a strong word. It's an emotion I don't associate with music. You like it or you don't like it. But this song gave me the vomit tickle in the back of my throat.

Brian T. Jackson tried very hard to redeem himself with "Sober, drunk and stupid" The song has a very country feel to it, more than one beat and you can sing along and his vocal sound like they are warming up.

Now there is no way in hell I would pay good money for Brian's work, but I appreciate he effort, so if he loves what he does, you go Brian, keep on rocking, but if he hates it and finds it stressful, man Rocky Balboa that towel and I hear Starbucks has a serene environment.

http://www.myspace.com/briantjackson

Lick ya later

-Aniviel

Thread Information