Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Ok, I found a way

Thread: Ok, I found a way

Wannabe

Thanks

Default Ok, I found a way

There's a site if you search "universal records labels" on google that comes up first that tells you all the artists (I think!) that are part of the group, even those on sub-labels or imprints or whatever. My problem originally was that I was requesting an artist that did not list that it was part of that group on their site, etc. and didn't get that they were indirectly linked to this main "master label" (I really don't know how the music industry works in that regard). Of course to further confuse me, I had 3 vids from that band already downloaded from this site, so that didn't help matters either.

I will now refer to that site before requesting vids and hope that list is comprehensive enough to not make the same mistake again. I think that link should be posted somewhere on this site so that people can use it to cross-reference their requests against it, if I had seen/understood that list as opposed to JUST the main label I would NOT have made that mistake.

Thanks to the admins for their patience and not banning me while I was trying to learn.

taznewjackdreamer

Thanks

:: gives you a cookie ::

I'm in the miserable users group

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taznewjackdreamer View Post
    There's a site if you search "universal records labels" on google that comes up first that tells you all the artists (I think!) that are part of the group, even those on sub-labels or imprints or whatever. My problem originally was that I was requesting an artist that did not list that it was part of that group on their site, etc. and didn't get that they were indirectly linked to this main "master label" (I really don't know how the music industry works in that regard). Of course to further confuse me, I had 3 vids from that band already downloaded from this site, so that didn't help matters either.

I will now refer to that site before requesting vids and hope that list is comprehensive enough to not make the same mistake again. I think that link should be posted somewhere on this site so that people can use it to cross-reference their requests against it, if I had seen/understood that list as opposed to JUST the main label I would NOT have made that mistake.

Thanks to the admins for their patience and not banning me while I was trying to learn.

taznewjackdreamer
    and that link is?

Wannabe

Thanks

http:// new.umusic.com /artists.aspx

Wannabe

Thanks

I seperated that with spaces to try to go with the board's rules, if theres another way to do it better by all means please repost

Thanks

Finally, a newbie with a relevant and decent post! Its not a useless post, an irrelevant post for the section, off-topic or just spam.

Top work buddy.
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

I'm in the miserable users group

Thanks

yea. good job. very useful for people.

Thanks

That's excellent I can now just check what's Univer$al and what's not.
    I think I'll now encode Enter Shikari now
    VideoPimp.org Capper
    frenchy@videopimp.org
    PSN ID: Frenchy182

Post Monkey

Thanks

I've always found it easy to just look up the band on Wikipedia and checking their label to see if they are on Universal Music or one of its subsidiaries. It's also a good place to check to and see if a video was released on a DVD/CD/single.

Thread Information