Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
videostatic reports: IMF Going Off The Air

Thread: videostatic reports: IMF Going Off The Air

Thanks

Angry videostatic reports: IMF Going Off The Air

well shit....

(this is the only channel i had that bothered to air Alter Bridge... and i hadn't capped the new one yet cuz there was a "NEW" flag on it still. i was also gonna get BRMC - Berlin to back-up the aussies if they missed it)....

NEWS: IMF Going Off The Air

Universal Music Group's video channel IMF: International Music Feed has been acquired by the arts and creativity network Ovation TV. A press release today makes it official; Further details are at this Multichannel News article.

Not good news for music video fans, since it spells the end of a vibrant 24/7 video channel dedicated to artists from all around the world.

Details:

* IMF has essentially ceased its programming operations as a standalone entity. Programming VP Dennis Boerner is no longer with the company and exploring other opportunities. His contact info will be in the free, weekly email newsletter.
    * January 9 is the end of the broadcast run: Ovation TV will take over IMF's channel 157 position on Dish Network channel.
    * IMF will cease programming on all other distributors — like Verizon FiOS, Joost and various mobile carriers — at the end of this quarter. Certain elements will continue to be seen on Ovation TV
    * Bottom Line: Ovation TV gets a new channel slot that expands their reach by 60% to 25 million households. Universal gets an equity position in Ovation TV (and who knows what other compensation, since full terms weren't disclosed).
    * Bottomer Line: There's one less place on TV to see music videos.
    Rain, VP ripper, channel/forum moderator
    "We are all crazy...it is only a matter of degree and direction."
    www.rainofhearts.com

Thanks

Hmm, Umusic fucks something else up? Gee, imagine that. Glad we never partnered with those idiots.

Oh well, now yet another reason to get a 3 meter dish for your backyard. =)
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thread Information