Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Hoping to get unbanned

Thread: Hoping to get unbanned

Wannabe

Thanks

Default Hoping to get unbanned

I'm sure you get millions of posts like this, but I'm hoping that I have a chance.

Yesterday's I was surfing through the videopimp channel to download Aiden - Moment video. I found it on several users, and I believe I first tried to download it from HELLSTROM, and the download crashed at about 60~70% completion.
    So I closed that download and proceeded to download the video from another user, and that time succeeded.
    Minutes later the completion of the download, I got banned. Here's the message I got.

MSG : Ban - Cloning etc.
    IP : 192.168.0.2
    Username at time on ban : Flavanostars (or something close that begins with Flava)

It probably hasn't been an hour since I installed mIRC on my comp and joined videopimp for the first time before i got banned.
    I wasn't spamming or cloning, I just downloaded one vid and that was it.

Hoping that you could unban me somehow in the near future.
    Thank you in advance, VampYre.

Wannabe

Thanks

P.S. It's been almost 20 hours since I got banned and I still am, so I'm sure it's a permanent banning.

Thanks

Well your on a temporary ban for cloning.
    There were 2 users (flavanost and flavano) running from the same IP.
    Keep the cloning going and you WILL get permanently banned.
    After 36 Hours you should be unbanned.
    VideoPimp.org Capper
    frenchy@videopimp.org
    PSN ID: Frenchy182

Thanks

and to chart it out for you. this is what actually happened.... your actual ip. your actual ban info. and yes, you had 2 clients logged on and hanging around at the same time... (and a note about fuse's countdown. you said it was viewer's choice. hate the viewers!! LOL )

.:20·59·23:. joins: flavanost (~cafe_shib@75-165-48-47.tukw.qwest.net) [107 users]

searching for aiden, etc

.:21·03·34:. joins: flavano (~cafe_shib@75-165-48-47.tukw.qwest.net) [108 users] clones: flavanost [2]

searching for aiden, etc

.:21·20·43:. «flavano» Aiden is awesome
    .:21·20·54:. «flavano» so is RJA
    .:21·21·12:. «flavano» Hate fuse for taking down RJA from the no.1 countdown - viewer's choice
    .:21·21·20:. «flavano» i'm done now

searching for aiden, etc

.:22·04·57:. @GuanoApes sets mode: +b *!*cafe_shib@*.tukw.qwest.net
    .:22·04·57:. [%] [GuanoApes] banned (flavanost flavano)
    .:22·04·58:. flavanost was kicked by @GuanoApes (banned:Cloning sucks, you shouldnt do it | www.videopimp.org/terms)
    .:22·04·58:. flavano was kicked by @GuanoApes (banned:Cloning sucks, you shouldnt do it | www.videopimp.org/terms)
    Rain, VP ripper, channel/forum moderator
    "We are all crazy...it is only a matter of degree and direction."
    www.rainofhearts.com

Wannabe

Thanks

Thank you for the early reply.

I see what the problem was.
    I'm not use to mIRC software at all (seeing that I just got it), and I closed down mIRC and reopened the program. I just assumed that it got disconnected in the process, so I reconnected under a new username, and didn't realize that the one from the previous session was still running.
    I apologize for the lack of knowledge, I wasn't attempting to clone.

What is the benefit of cloning anyway ? I don't see any logical reason why anyone would want to.
    And how can you tell if you're in a cloning situation or not ? I couldn't tell.
    my mIRC just crashed when the aiden download crashed, so I couldn't really disconnect on my own will.
    Next time I boost up the program, my username is still in there and the message "username already in use" comes up, so I can't really do anything to avoid cloning. I never did it intentionally. why 36 hours...this sucks...

Wannabe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    (and a note about fuse's countdown. you said it was viewer's choice. hate the viewers!! LOL )

www.videopimp.org/terms)
    The countdown's on Fuse are insane though. Most of the time, videos at #1~3 just disappear without warning (without ever going through #4~11) and a lot of times, videos at #10 just instantly go to #1. Plus they delete videos off the polls so people can't vote. I highly doubt the actual results are being played, probably the composers of the show screwing around.

But saying stuff like that in the channel was out of line. Won't happen again.

Wannabe

Thanks

Default I got another warning

You were kicked from #videopimp by Phante (banned:Cloning sucks, you shouldnt do it | www.videopimp.org/terms)
    -

Is this a different one than before ?
    I'm still trying to disconnect all of however different usernames I'm on except for flavanostars.
    Please don't tell me I'll be getting some more ban time for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Well your on a temporary ban for cloning.
    There were 2 users (flavanost and flavano) running from the same IP.
    Keep the cloning going and you WILL get permanently banned.
    After 36 Hours you should be unbanned.

72 hours - Im sick of people cloning...
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

"* You were kicked from #videopimp by Phante (banned:Cloning sucks, you shouldnt do it | www.videopimp.org/terms)
    -"

Again ? This is lame. I didn't even notice that I was on several different usernames when I got kicked and 72 hours ? Why would I be cloning if I didn't even know what that was (I read the stupid terms and it didn't make all that much sense why anyone would clone. Plus you guys won't even answer my question.)

and Phante, if you really do exist somewhere as an admin or something, show yourself.

yeah yeah, I know attitude. Sorry, but this really pisses me off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flavanostars View Post
    "* You were kicked from #videopimp by Phante (banned:Cloning sucks, you shouldnt do it | www.videopimp.org/terms)
    -"

Again ? This is lame. I didn't even notice that I was on several different usernames when I got kicked and 72 hours ? Why would I be cloning if I didn't even know what that was (I read the stupid terms and it didn't make all that much sense why anyone would clone. Plus you guys won't even answer my question.)

and Phante, if you really do exist somewhere as an admin or something, show yourself.

yeah yeah, I know attitude. Sorry, but this really pisses me off.
    You broke the rules. The bots enforce channel bans that are set by the admins. If you don't like it, simply don't come back. Bans are set for a reason.

Whenever 72 hours past the ban is up, your ban is up. Fairly simple. But keep on bitching, I'm sure that will get you somewhere.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VampYre View Post
    You broke the rules. The bots enforce channel bans that are set by the admins. If you don't like it, simply don't come back. Bans are set for a reason.

Whenever 72 hours past the ban is up, your ban is up. Fairly simple. But keep on bitching, I'm sure that will get you somewhere.
    Ok, I'm sorry, I'll shut up.
    I just want to know how one can tell how many accounts (usernames) they are on.
    For all I know, I could be under 2 or 3 now without knowing, and if I don't figure out a way to get out of them soon, I'll just get banned again.

One last question, is the ban set so that you get banned if you're on the videopimp channel under 2 different usernames at the same time, or just by having 2 different usernames from the same address present in the entire mIRC network ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flavanostars View Post
    Ok, I'm sorry, I'll shut up.
    I just want to know how one can tell how many accounts (usernames) they are on.
    For all I know, I could be under 2 or 3 now without knowing, and if I don't figure out a way to get out of them soon, I'll just get banned again.

One last question, is the ban set so that you get banned if you're on the videopimp channel under 2 different usernames at the same time, or just by having 2 different usernames from the same address present in the entire mIRC network ?
    You might have opened two mIRC on your computer, look at the taskbar icons to see whether you have more than two mIRC icons are not.

For your question, having whatever more than one username on the same address it is cloning.

Now, you just close all of your mIRC (uninstall it if you want) and then do not come into VideoPimp for 3 days (72 hours as was said by VampYre so that the ban will be up). Just wait for 3 days and come back.

REMEMBER, DO NOT OPEN TWO mIRC AT THE SAME TIME. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE JOIN #videopimp
    Banned from being a VP Member for Giving out Dump Access to Non-VP Members

Thread Information