Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Editing Software?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Software??

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BHead View Post
    My new laptop should be a Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, and Vista Home Premium. Those are the MINIMUMS. Lol.

Dude, don't go with Windows, it shall ruin your laptop. There are still wayyyy to freaking may problems with Vista and they only get worse by the day, best bet go to Linux. Better OS and better features and on the plus side it shall save you almost $200+(that is what Vista is now eh?) If you go with Linux try Ubuntu(http://www.ubuntu.com/) it is the beginners guide to the wonderful world of freeware
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Dude, don't go with Windows, it shall ruin your laptop. There are still wayyyy to freaking may problems with Vista and they only get worse by the day, best bet go to Linux. Better OS and better features and on the plus side it shall save you almost $200+(that is what Vista is now eh?) If you go with Linux try Ubuntu(http://www.ubuntu.com/) it is the beginners guide to the wonderful world of freeware
    Except most kiddos can't function without windows, and most PC's that come bundled with windows...many places don't give a discount for a pc with no os...
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

No that kick ass, still way too slow. I need more front side bus or maybe 4 2 gig(instead of 4 1 gigs). I am thinking of of getting a dual video to have 2 monitors but I mean I have a 22inch wide screen, do I really need 2?

just need dual heads for dual output. Your box is marginally faster than my new one. Q6600 chip as the 2.6ghz chips were hard to find at the time of ordering...tho I still need a vid card for her, don't think I'm gonna drop another ATI card in my box, gonna go nvidia for gaming and maybe a tv card...last 2 boxes had ATI AIW cards in them (8500DV + X600 Pro) respectively.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VampYre View Post
    Except most kiddos can't function without windows, and most PC's that come bundled with windows...many places don't give a discount for a pc with no os...

True on the discount and it is stupid in my opinion and well with WINE I believe 98% of Windows programs work, so it should be easy to switch
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

just need dual heads for dual output. Your box is marginally faster than my new one. Q6600 chip as the 2.6ghz chips were hard to find at the time of ordering...tho I still need a vid card for her, don't think I'm gonna drop another ATI card in my box, gonna go nvidia for gaming and maybe a tv card...last 2 boxes had ATI AIW cards in them (8500DV + X600 Pro) respectively.
    I didn't think dual heads but maybe you might be on to something. Was at the Nvidia site a few weeks back and they have I believe a dual 1 gig gaming card, that most of there critics said preformed well but price was a facture. I don't do any gaming with my pc as well I am lazy and like the PS3 controller lol so I can't comment on a good gaming card
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

Liquid cooling my friend, liquid :) I have read a lot of good/bad stuff about liquid cooling and the "pros" say it shall help out this problem and the problem of certain chip you overclock
    Nah im gonna change my system soon. Btw im not bothered to overclock it, as Pentium D is not good for overclocking.

I don't do any gaming with my pc as well I am lazy and like the PS3 controller lol so I can't comment on a good gaming card
    If u don't do much gaming, your current 512MB nVidia® GeForce® 8800 GT will suffice. I can actually run Crysis on my 7300 (not the best configs)!!

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Thank you VampYre. He's completely right. I grew up on Windows, plus all of my computers at school (which I use daily) are a combination of XP and Vista.

Thanks

Thank you VampYre. He's completely right. I grew up on Windows, plus all of my computers at school (which I use daily) are a combination of XP and Vista.
    LOL. Vista still has some problems, not really stable yet. Companies and businesses hasn't made the change to Vista yet. XP is still the more stable one currently. I may consider to dual boot with Ubuntu and XP after i get my new machine.

Thanks

I grew up on Windows too(95 in fact) but I mean the switch is like a 3 day grace period and once you get WINE, you are flying.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    LOL. Vista still has some problems, not really stable yet. Companies and businesses hasn't made the change to Vista yet. XP is still the more stable one currently. I may consider to dual boot with Ubuntu and XP after i get my new machine.
    Still and always will, they spent almost 7 years on the OS and it came out and what 4 weeks later a service pack. You'd think after that many years they'd have all the bugs out but nope Bill Gates is well (insert witty remark) LoL

crash a dual boot is the perfect solution, you have a chance to see what Linux can do without giving up Windows cold Turkey, plus most Linux's OS have a live disc so you can run str8 off the cd or install without formatting you entire drive. My opinion is to seriously check it out
    Last edited by Draven; 07-03-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: don't know how to double quote replies
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

Nah im gonna change my system soon. Btw im not bothered to overclock it, as Pentium D is not good for overclocking.
    Pent D. had their day, tho its come & gone. It's the same chip I had put in Rainie's PC. Tho I had originally planned to upgrade it to a 3.+ Ghz chip later on down the road. Tho, those plans are obviously now nixed.

If u don't do much gaming, your current 512MB nVidia® GeForce® 8800 GT will suffice. I can actually run Crysis on my 7300 (not the best configs)!!
    I do a TON of gaming. I just need to pick my card out, and continue to use my older P4 2.8 Ghz / 2 GB RAM / ATI AIW X600 Pro card for now.

It's the way it is. People are stuck/attached to windows. & since the *NIX community can't get their shit together, & bother to launch something very similar to get ppl to move, it won't happen anytime soon.

Vista has more than "some problems". Most large Corp.'s aren't even going to use Vista at all. Espically since most use VLK's anyway. Don't dual boot yet, use Virtual PC or VMWare to test the new OS. I need to load my Vista Biz in VMWare as soon as I find my VMWare software, or remote into work and grab it from there.

Still and always will, they spent almost 7 years on the OS and it came out and what 4 weeks later a service pack. You'd think after that many years they'd have all the bugs out but nope Bill Gates is well (insert witty remark) LoL
    I just recently bit the bullet & traded up from Win 2k Pro to XP Pro. XP Still isn't my fav. OS, but its a hella lot better than Vista will ever be, and too many software titles are going XP only. Hence my forceful switch to XP. Meh.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thanks

crash a dual boot is the perfect solution, you have a chance to see what Linux can do without giving up Windows cold Turkey, plus most Linux's OS have a live disc so you can run str8 off the cd or install without formatting you entire drive. My opinion is to seriously check it out
    Haha Mr. Gates has retired. Wonder if Microsoft will do as well without him. Yeah im gonna run the live disk, now im just waiting for my friend to burn a copy of Ubuntu for me.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Pent D. had their day, tho its come & gone. It's the same chip I had put in Rainie's PC. Tho I had originally planned to upgrade it to a 3.+ Ghz chip later on down the road. Tho, those plans are obviously now nixed.

As long as the front-side bus is good(800+MHz) the machine should run smooth. My girl has a P4 2.6Ghz with I believe it is clocked at 833MHz and 512mb and she runs Vista smooth

I do a TON of gaming. I just need to pick my card out, and continue to use my older P4 2.8 Ghz / 2 GB RAM / ATI AIW X600 Pro card for now.

It's the way it is. People are stuck/attached to windows. & since the *NIX community can't get their shit together, & bother to launch something very similar to get ppl to move, it won't happen anytime soon.

I 100% agree with this!

Vista has more than "some problems". Most large Corp.'s aren't even going to use Vista at all. Espically since most use VLK's anyway. Don't dual boot yet, use Virtual PC or VMWare to test the new OS. I need to load my Vista Biz in VMWare as soon as I find my VMWare software, or remote into work and grab it from there.

I just recently bit the bullet & traded up from Win 2k Pro to XP Pro. XP Still isn't my fav. OS, but its a hella lot better than Vista will ever be, and too many software titles are going XP only. Hence my forceful switch to XP. Meh.
    I can see your point but WINE(Wine Is Not an Emulator) you have the freedom to use all of you Windows based programs with the Linux community
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

I can see your point but WINE(Wine Is Not an Emulator) you have the freedom to use all of you Windows based programs with the Linux community
    All as in games and software that runs on windows??

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Indeed.

Thanks

Indeed.
    WINE's creators say that 98% of Windows software(including games). Here is the http://appdb.winehq.org/ to some of the games/software the WINE does, I'm sure if you google and play with words you shall find more.
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thread Information