Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
The Thread Off Topic:)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Thread Off Topic:)

Thanks

Default The Thread Off Topic:)

Quote Originally Posted by BHead View Post
    Dell Inspiron 1525
    Street Pattern
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
    Genuine Windows Vista® SP1 Home Premium Edition
    Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - I would like a video card but won't suffer too terribly without one. (I only play Warcraft 3.)
    3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
    Size: 250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
    CD / DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)
    Intel Next -Gen Wireless -N Mini-card
    Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam
    85Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)
    High Definition Audio 2.0

I think that is specific enough for you Draven.
    That is a damn good laptop, I personally hate Dell Laptops cuz it is a pain in the ass to upgrade(by one's self, have to ship it to dell) but this is a sweet machine. The only thing wrong is the Vista but yeah we all know I hate it and Dell isn't offering Linux just yet
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    That is a damn good laptop, I personally hate Dell Laptops cuz it is a pain in the ass to upgrade(by one's self, have to ship it to dell) but this is a sweet machine. The only thing wrong is the Vista but yeah we all know I hate it and Dell isn't offering Linux just yet
    I found it on sale for $600 on Sunday at Best Buy, by 10pm before my lazy Dad could decide to lend me $200 it sold out.

Thanks

Why is it hard to upgrade? The components are complicated or what?

I found it on sale for $600 on Sunday at Best Buy, by 10pm before my lazy Dad could decide to lend me $200 it sold out.
    Oh. Guess you'll have to wait for another similar sale.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Ugh. At this rate I'm never getting one. My Dad refuses to lend me money and he won't let me borrow it from anyone else.

Thanks

Ugh. At this rate I'm never getting one. My Dad refuses to lend me money and he won't let me borrow it from anyone else.
    Yeah its like that. He just wants you to learn how to save for your own expenses, and not resorting to borrowing of cash from others.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Oh my God you sound exactly like him.

Thanks

Oh my God you sound exactly like him.
    I've been in your exact situation before. I wanted to get a second hand guitar (an Epiphone Les Paul for those of you who plays guitar) like for 200 bucks. I only had a hundred then, so i asked to borrow another hundred from my dad, which he obviously rejected. The guitar was sold to someone else when i called the shop the next day. Yeah so i was just re-interpreting my dad's words.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

There may still be hope... but I'm not 100% positive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Why is it hard to upgrade? The components are complicated or what?

Oh. Guess you'll have to wait for another similar sale.
    As you know laptops are small and well so are their components, so trying to do it urself is well I wouldn't recommended cuz you shall go insane and to sent it to Dell and have it worked on is slow as it is a 2 weeks timetable without ur top(unless you have another or pc you use too)

Yeah its like that. He just wants you to learn how to save for your own expenses, and not resorting to borrowing of cash from others.
    Dude, borrowing money sucks ASS! You'll feel a lot better when you earned the whole sum, trust in Draven. If money is an issue maybe a second job? I had 2 when I was a wee lad.

I've been in your exact situation before. I wanted to get a second hand guitar (an Epiphone Les Paul for those of you who plays guitar) like for 200 bucks. I only had a hundred then, so i asked to borrow another hundred from my dad, which he obviously rejected. The guitar was sold to someone else when i called the shop the next day. Yeah so i was just re-interpreting my dad's words.
    Nice crash, what year or is a rep? I have a 76 Les Paul, a SG Custom, a Strat and am working on a Dime sig. My girl has a Flying V and a Zakk Wylde Bullseye, two Xmas presents I am sorta still paying LoL

There may still be hope... but I'm not 100% positive.
    Hope is good, it is when all Hope is Gone this is a problem LoL
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

Hope is good, it is when all Hope is Gone this is a problem LoL
    Is this a pun at new Slipknot?! If it is, very clever. I can't wait!
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

Thanks

As you know laptops are small and well so are their components, so trying to do it urself is well I wouldn't recommended cuz you shall go insane and to sent it to Dell and have it worked on is slow as it is a 2 weeks timetable without ur top(unless you have another or pc you use too)
    Oh okay. No wonder people try to find the laptop with the best specs when they are getting one.

Dude, borrowing money sucks ASS! You'll feel a lot better when you earned the whole sum, trust in Draven. If money is an issue maybe a second job? I had 2 when I was a wee lad.
    Agreed. And you will stay outta trouble if you refrain from borrowing money.

Nice crash, what year or is a rep? I have a 76 Les Paul, a SG Custom, a Strat and am working on a Dime sig. My girl has a Flying V and a Zakk Wylde Bullseye, two Xmas presents I am sorta still paying LoL
    Nah i didn't get it, it was sold. I got an Epiphone Les Paul Jr instead. Sounded quite nice after I changed its pickups to a Seymour Duncan JB. Are yours all Gibsons?? That's alot of guitars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chooks View Post
    Is this a pun at new Slipknot?! If it is, very clever. I can't wait!
    Yeah, thought it fit

Oh okay. No wonder people try to find the laptop with the best specs when they are getting one.

Agreed. And you will stay outta trouble if you refrain from borrowing money.

Nah i didn't get it, it was sold. I got an Epiphone Les Paul Jr instead. Sounded quite nice after I changed its pickups to a Seymour Duncan JB. Are yours all Gibsons?? That's alot of guitars.
    Since laptops are still new(sorta), their still working out all the bugs(i.e. right processors, smaller but faster ram, screen ratio, etc.) So buying a laptop with the intent to upgrade is crazy(for right now that is)

Shitty dude, but at least you still got a Les Paul. Yup crash, well everything but the Frender Strat and Dime's Dean Guitar. I love the work and details Gibson puts into their axes. Mind you I bought all except the 76 Les Paul, my father gave it too me when I was 15(he bought it new in 76) and It is never enough guitars! I wish to have all my walls filled, only have about 1/4 of a wall now but soon ever room in the house shall have at least one(or 3) guitars on it
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

Shitty dude, but at least you still got a Les Paul.
    Dude, im still a student and still dependant on my parents for income, so can't really complain on the guitar. I might get an Epi LP Custom though when i've saved enough.

Yup crash, well everything but the Frender Strat and Dime's Dean Guitar. I love the work and details Gibson puts into their axes. Mind you I bought all except the 76 Les Paul, my father gave it too me when I was 15(he bought it new in 76) and It is never enough guitars! I wish to have all my walls filled, only have about 1/4 of a wall now but soon ever room in the house shall have at least one(or 3) guitars on it
    This is making me very jealous.

Thanks

Dude, im still a student and still dependant on my parents for income, so can't really complain on the guitar. I might get an Epi LP Custom though when i've saved enough.

This is making me very jealous.
    It is all good that you still depend on your parents, you are still in school and as I said "it is still a Les Paul" I love LP's guitars and if I had it my way I would own them all. As for school, this shall get you good for a good job and then start you guitar heaven LoL, this is what I did. Also checkout pawn shops and eBay for guitars, I got my girls Flying V on ebay and well lets just say the guy I bought it from had no idea what he had cuz I got it for less than $200 and it's value is over $500. But beware on the guitars on ebay, I almost bought a Dime sig that was a knockoff. Sorry if I made you jealous but I do have almost 10 yrs of buying guitars on you, so in 10 yrs we shall talk and see who is jealous after that
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Now this has nothing to do with PC Mods... you guys are hopeless!

Thread Information