Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
can't get into forums for ages now!

Thread: can't get into forums for ages now!

DanielB11

Default can't get into forums for ages now!

Hi, i've been getting the message that the admin has banned my ip address, and to click the link to contact the admin - not that that helps because i'm still unable to log in. I always see this from my pc at home! and i have recently done a clean install of windows {not because of this!! :) } but nothing changed.. any idea? i've done nothing wrong..i'm on my cell at work, so can check my ip this afternoon (with 'ipconfig' i assume)..

DanielB11

guys, i did the ipconfig but it's not giving the information i need!!

what exactly could be the problem? it's just the forums that i can't access! what info could i give you? i don't have a permanent internet connection. surely you use the ip provided by the isp for the internet...and so mine changes alot i suppose.

i remember last year also having a banned ip at another pc...that was at a university in SA...so i obviously hadnt done anything there to get blocked since i never went on the forums at the university. but i really need help with my home pc. i often assume it's to do with whatever internet connection i probably connect with, often i connect via my cell.. Well, i dunno why i'v been banned so long! irc seems fine..havent tried it lately but it worked last time i tried.

EDIT: forgot to mention - in the first post i wasn't thinking. I did do a clean install of Windows, BUT, i forgot, it was also on a new pc altogether; new mobo, hdd, mem, cpu. despite this, i see i'm still banned?? Confused
    Last edited by DanielB11; 07-10-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: left out some info

DanielB11

Wow, I got in after years on my Home PC!!!

Earlier I used a wi-fi connection, it said my ip is banned.
    Later (now) i connected my cell and it worked - although it always says i'm banned when i use my cell???

>>>>>
    Just loving this great chat we've got Going @DanielB11

Thanks

More than likely the IP you were using was on an IP ban list due to someone spamming. Then for whatever reason, your ISP handed you a new IP that wasn't in that ban range. I don't remove IP bans from the forums.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

DanielB11

ok, so you're saying that there's really nothing I can do about it? hmmm..that sucks, but I guess on the other hand it is good to keep the forums well maintained!! Just my luck i guess. thanks for at least responding vamp.

Will make do with what I can for now.

Thanks

its because you are now using a cell phone to get on the NET, the IP will be in another range all together, hostmask will be something totally new etc.

Thread Information