Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Everything and The Kitchen Sink - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything and The Kitchen Sink

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Really? Pawn shops here are loadededed(lol) with guitars of all kinds(6, 7 and 12 strings, ukallies(I think that how it is spelt) and $30 to $1000+) and makes, we have hardly any(I believe 3) second hand guitar shops
    Wow. That's good. How i wish there were pawn shops that were loaded with guitars in my place. So i presume those who work in these shops have great guitar knowledge?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Wow. That's good. How i wish there were pawn shops that were loaded with guitars in my place. So i presume those who work in these shops have great guitar knowledge?
    You live in the sticks? LoL You shall have them there sooner or later(hopefully) As for the "knowledgeable" ppl not really. Most shops have 1 maybe 2(outta 5) employees that have the knowledge but shopping/selling in these shops is just like shopping for a car, pc or music, you go where you feel comfortable and who gives you the best prices, what is the word...Loyalty
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

You live in the sticks? LoL You shall have them there sooner or later(hopefully) As for the "knowledgeable" ppl not really. Most shops have 1 maybe 2(outta 5) employees that have the knowledge but shopping/selling in these shops is just like shopping for a car, pc or music, you go where you feel comfortable and who gives you the best prices, what is the word...Loyalty
    Haha no i don't like in the sticks, or else i wouldn't be able to download VP videos as i will not have broadband. Actually yeah we do have pawn shops but people usually pawn their gold and silverwares for cash there. There is another chain called Cash Converters (the name tells u all bout the shop), but they do not have used guitars, only the usual household stuff like books and cds.

Thanks

Haha no i don't like in the sticks, or else i wouldn't be able to download VP videos as i will not have broadband. Actually yeah we do have pawn shops but people usually pawn their gold and silverwares for cash there. There is another chain called Cash Converters (the name tells u all bout the shop), but they do not have used guitars, only the usual household stuff like books and cds.
    I see and yes I have heard of Cash Converters, we had one in town and well they took everything, I sold them a PS2(fat one) with a brick in it and they didn't even test it, as you may assume they went out of business fast LoL
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

I see and yes I have heard of Cash Converters, we had one in town and well they took everything, I sold them a PS2(fat one) with a brick in it and they didn't even test it, as you may assume they went out of business fast LoL
    They actually did not check??? No wonder they went out of business so quickly. The shop is just dumb. I mean, its common sense to test an electrical item before you buy it. Do u have any friends that own Epiphone Les Pauls? If yes, please recommend me on which Les Paul to buy.

Thanks

They actually did not check??? No wonder they went out of business so quickly. The shop is just dumb. I mean, its common sense to test an electrical item before you buy it. Do u have any friends that own Epiphone Les Pauls? If yes, please recommend me on which Les Paul to buy.
    No they had so many druggies and bums coming in with stupid shit that when a normal person came in they just took it for face value, sold them a sub(for car) and all I had to do was put some stickers on it say Xplode and they gave me top dollar($300 about 4 years ago) and I bought the no-name subs for only $20 at a second hand store. As for recommending and LP, I have yet to run across a LP that wasn't good, so my best advice is to go to the guitar store and trust your feelings about the guitar, you know if you want it more than anything or would give you soul to Satan for it, buy it. I could give you a list of 100+ guitars to buy but I mean it is all in the user but try an LP Custom or even a LP Sig(Zakk or Slash's) are pretty sweet. But most of all research the guitar before buying and compare the pros and cons
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

sold them a sub(for car) and all I had to do was put some stickers on it say Xplode and they gave me top dollar($300 about 4 years ago)
    This is just easy money.

As for recommending and LP, I have yet to run across a LP that wasn't good, so my best advice is to go to the guitar store and trust your feelings about the guitar, you know if you want it more than anything or would give you soul to Satan for it, buy it. I could give you a list of 100+ guitars to buy but I mean it is all in the user but try an LP Custom or even a LP Sig(Zakk or Slash's) are pretty sweet. But most of all research the guitar before buying and compare the pros and cons
    Yeah i've done researches on LPs. What's the diff between a LP Custom and a Standard? Just the nice gold hardware (custom), compared to the chrome ones (standard)?

Thanks

This is just easy money.

Yeah i've done researches on LPs. What's the diff between a LP Custom and a Standard? Just the nice gold hardware (custom), compared to the chrome ones (standard)?
    It was and funny as hell. Now about the yes and no. The custom usually has either a solid body(one piece of wood) or a 3 piece body, it weights more, everything else is virtually the same, other than the gold-plated hardware(which if you know anything about home/any audio, it sounds better), plus the price is usually $100 more cuz not real machines or assembly lines created it, just a handful of gifted craftsman.Now don't get me wrong the std is still a very great piece, just not all the super fine tuning an care goes into it, just fine tuning(cuz it ain't super:)) I feel a difference between my LP Custom and the one my brother owns but as for sound it is virtaul the same, unless it is through a mixer of 4 or 8- track
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

Oh. Is your custom alpine white or ebony? Did u change the pickups? It would be good if i could see pics of yr guitars.

Thanks

Oh. Is your custom alpine white or ebony? Did u change the pickups? It would be good if i could see pics of yr guitars.
    Neither, it is jet black and have the nickel puck-ups, I feel they sound better for heavier songs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (136.7 KB, 1 views)
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Neither, it is jet black and have the nickel puck-ups, I feel they sound better for heavier songs
    You need to show me how to play guitar cuz I got some crappy Harmony electric guitar in sunburst color that looks like a cheap remake of a Fender Stratocaster. It's got 2 pickups 1 volume and 1 tone knob with no whammy bar. I can't even call it an electric guitar. For crying out loud I got it from a JCPenny catalog for my birthday!

Although I did buy myself a Marshall Amp, it's either 10 or 15 watts and when I turn it up all the way it shakes the walls in my room. Lol it cost me $110, that's more then the guitar!

I need to learn to play more then Smoke on Water... Lol.

Thanks

Nice guitar and unique choice of colour for the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by BHead View Post
    You need to show me how to play guitar cuz I got some crappy Harmony electric guitar in sunburst color that looks like a cheap remake of a Fender Stratocaster. It's got 2 pickups 1 volume and 1 tone knob with no whammy bar. I can't even call it an electric guitar. For crying out loud I got it from a JCPenny catalog for my birthday!

Although I did buy myself a Marshall Amp, it's either 10 or 15 watts and when I turn it up all the way it shakes the walls in my room. Lol it cost me $110, that's more then the guitar!

I need to learn to play more then Smoke on Water... Lol.
    Well. Everyone's gotta start from Smoke on Water. So to play better, either you engage an instructor, or you self learn by learning from tabs.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Lol. I don't want to go to an instructor, and I don't know how to read tabs. I give up already!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BHead View Post
    Lol. I don't want to go to an instructor, and I don't know how to read tabs. I give up already!
    Well, you must have that interest and passion to play the guitar. Tabs are like the 'shortcut' to playing songs. Wait til you see musical notes.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Well, you must have that interest and passion to play the guitar. Tabs are like the 'shortcut' to playing songs. Wait til you see musical notes.
    I played the orchestra bells in 5th grade?

Thread Information