Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Digital Music Video Channels - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital Music Video Channels

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    The coaxial output's picture quality is worst than rca, so not really recommended.
    You cannot send an encrypted HD channel through a digital coaxial cable, the only thing that get's through a coaxial cable is analog. You need to have either Composite or HDMI to get an HD picture on your TV. RCA will work fine for standard defintion, and chances are it will even look better then your analog TV.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

I rarely watch tv on the tv. Thats what my pc is for. Just recently I was able to get digital cable for the same price I pay for interwebs. Figured might as well get it. Since I've gotten it, I've watched like a full 6 hours of tv total in a week's worth of time. lol!
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BHead View Post
    You cannot send an encrypted HD channel through a digital coaxial cable, the only thing that get's through a coaxial cable is analog. You need to have either Composite or HDMI to get an HD picture on your TV. RCA will work fine for standard defintion, and chances are it will even look better then your analog TV.

Just my 2 cents.
    Agreed. RCA definitely looks better than analog (coaxial).

Thanks

When I did ripping I used rca cables from my vcr or cable. Mostly vcr as I didnt have cable for a long long long long long long long long time. =)
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VampYre View Post
    When I did ripping I used rca cables from my vcr or cable. Mostly vcr as I didnt have cable for a long long long long long long long long time. =)
    Ever thought of ripping again?

Thanks

Ever thought of ripping again?

Thought about it, tho someone would have to re-teach me again, and lately I seem not to have an attention span long enough to learn much. Maybe I have adult ADD ?

If Im not multitasking I get bored...easily....which is why my new job is good for me, keeps me busy. I'm normally remoted into like 4 different cafe's and working on like 6 cases at once. And if I get lucky, maybe even a database rebuild at the same time too!

I dont even think I have the correct software installed on my "ripping" machine. I have an ATI X600 Pro PCIE cap card in there atm.

If I had a vcr, I could start ripping all the concerts I still have....including the stuff that should be at someone else's house (not mine).
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thanks

If I had a vcr, I could start ripping all the concerts I still have....including the stuff that should be at someone else's house (not mine).
    That would be good. I like old concerts.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Thought about it, tho someone would have to re-teach me again, and lately I seem not to have an attention span long enough to learn much. Maybe I have adult ADD ?

If Im not multitasking I get bored...easily....which is why my new job is good for me, keeps me busy. I'm normally remoted into like 4 different cafe's and working on like 6 cases at once. And if I get lucky, maybe even a database rebuild at the same time too!

I dont even think I have the correct software installed on my "ripping" machine. I have an ATI X600 Pro PCIE cap card in there atm.

The ony software you need is vdub and TMPGEnc, along with the HuffyUV uncompressed codec for a little smaller file when recording. I can PM you a zip with both of them along with the videopimp video profile for TMPGEnc. (Yes I still have them after all this time, they are very useful.)

I used an ATI TV Wonder 200 PCI on my old desktop and that worked great with my analog cable, I think you should be fine.

Thanks

That would be good. I like old concerts.
    My old vcr is dead...do they even sell vcr's anymore?

The ony software you need is vdub and TMPGEnc, along with the HuffyUV uncompressed codec for a little smaller file when recording. I can PM you a zip with both of them along with the videopimp video profile for TMPGEnc. (Yes I still have them after all this time, they are very useful.)

I used an ATI TV Wonder 200 PCI on my old desktop and that worked great with my analog cable, I think you should be fine.
    I need the capture codecs for my ati card for that box...right now its setup to be a gaming rig only. None of the capture drivers are installed. I have all of the actual editing software, just not the drivers...
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thanks

I need the capture codecs for my ati card for that box...right now its setup to be a gaming rig only. None of the capture drivers are installed. I have all of the actual editing software, just not the drivers...
    Well i'm sure there are some people around who still has vcr's. Anyways, Rain needs another American capper to back up for her, so this might be the right time for u to cap again (i can't think of any other american vp ripper that is active at the moment), if u can find the capture codecs for yr card. It might be in a cd that came with your card, unless u've misplaced it.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Maybe you should go into the device manager and click the "Search Microsoft" button on your capture card so it goes out and gets the drivers for you?

Thanks

Maybe you should go into the device manager and click the "Search Microsoft" button on your capture card so it goes out and gets the drivers for you?
    trust microsuck to get a driver? ummm no...I worked in tech for enough years to know thats a bad idea

as for backup capper, I'm gone quite a bit anymore it seems...and I don't have that much of interests in capping anymore...most of that died a bit over a year ago...
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thanks

as for backup capper, I'm gone quite a bit anymore it seems...and I don't have that much of interests in capping anymore...most of that died a bit over a year ago...
    Oh well. Hope there'll be more rippers that will join us in the future. Anyways, i gotta thank the admins for making the xvid format happen, although i haven't leech any of em yet, but yeah, its a step forward after all these years of mpg.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

trust microsuck to get a driver? ummm no...I worked in tech for enough years to know thats a bad idea

Well, it's what I did for mine and it works flawlessly.

As for my interests in capping, they died when I was told my rips were not "good enough" quality.

Thanks

As for my interests in capping, they died when I was told my rips were not "good enough" quality.
    Well then cap for personal usage. That's what i do, as my caps are of a similar quality as yours.

Thread Information