Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
DVB-S Pure Digital Capture - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DVB-S Pure Digital Capture

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Nah I think I'd rather get a proper HD capture stick, as HD image won't look good when capturing with SD settings.
    If you record it at 1.5MB/sec like their website displays, that's about like what 12mbps? That would be some pretty high quality SD footage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BHead View Post
    If you record it at 1.5MB/sec like their website displays, that's about like what 12mbps? That would be some pretty high quality SD footage.
    Haha it could well be a typing error, they put MByte instead of Mbit. Yeah if its really 12mbps you could do damn good XviDs. Do consider getting it.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Haha it could well be a typing error, they put MByte instead of Mbit. Yeah if its really 12mbps you could do damn good XviDs. Do consider getting it.
    I'll look into it if I have the money. It will be another 2 months though if I do get it. I gotta get Digital Cable with HD first.

Thanks

I'll look into it if I have the money. It will be another 2 months though if I do get it. I gotta get Digital Cable with HD first.
    In the meanwhile, you might wanna look around for better deals, like products from its competitor. That's what i'll do when buying an electronical product. Don't just stick to one.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

In the meanwhile, you might wanna look around for better deals, like products from its competitor. That's what i'll do when buying an electronical product. Don't just stick to one.
    Well there's a problem there. This is USB stick is one-of-a-kind as of right now so there aren't really any competitors.

Thanks

Well there's a problem there. This is USB stick is one-of-a-kind as of right now so there aren't really any competitors.
    Actually there are other ones. These are some links:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...mate+Stick.htm

Post Pimpest

Thanks

I actually bought the Pinnacle one a year ago from today ironically. Sadly though it's HD capabilities are only OTA (Over The Air) and since there aren't many music shows on those... I just decided to return it, considering I already have a Hauppauge HDTV stick that does the same exact thing, just better.

The Hauppauge HD PVR box looks promising, although unless you somehow connect it to your computer with the odd looking USB port, I don't see how you can manage to get the recordings to your computer in the source file it recorded it in. Plus it's $245.

Thanks

I actually bought the Pinnacle one a year ago from today ironically. Sadly though it's HD capabilities are only OTA (Over The Air) and since there aren't many music shows on those... I just decided to return it, considering I already have a Hauppauge HDTV stick that does the same exact thing, just better.

The Hauppauge HD PVR box looks promising, although unless you somehow connect it to your computer with the odd looking USB port, I don't see how you can manage to get the recordings to your computer in the source file it recorded it in. Plus it's $245.
    Of course it has a USB port. Which storage device in today's times don't have a USB port? About the price, yeah its kinda high. Ah well I guess you just save up for that BlackMagic stick.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Of course it has a USB port. Which storage device in today's times don't have a USB port? About the price, yeah its kinda high. Ah well I guess you just save up for that BlackMagic stick.
    Well the USB port is funky shaped, looks like one of those type that you would connect to a router for a storage link.

The Hauppauge one looks nice because it can record in 1080i H.264 format, which would be nice. The BlackMagic stick looks a little on the SD side and I may want to avoid that.

Thanks

Well the USB port is funky shaped, looks like one of those type that you would connect to a router for a storage link.

The Hauppauge one looks nice because it can record in 1080i H.264 format, which would be nice. The BlackMagic stick looks a little on the SD side and I may want to avoid that.
    Yeah it's just a type of USB connector (type B). The other side of the USB cable will be the standard USB connector. Read more here.

And yeah I think the PVR will be a better choice. Well, gotta save up for it then.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Yeah it's just a type of USB connector (type B). The other side of the USB cable will be the standard USB connector. Read more here.

And yeah I think the PVR will be a better choice. Well, gotta save up for it then.
    Well I sure feel stupid now.

We shall see crash, I will have to see how much money I have after I try to get the HDTV that I want. If this PVR box looks and works good, who knows maybe I can resurrect the Videopimp HD project that I started a few months ago.'

It's gonna be at least 2 or 3 months before I could even get the box though.

Thanks

Well I sure feel stupid now.

We shall see crash, I will have to see how much money I have after I try to get the HDTV that I want. If this PVR box looks and works good, who knows maybe I can resurrect the Videopimp HD project that I started a few months ago.'

It's gonna be at least 2 or 3 months before I could even get the box though.
    Yeah well its good to finally have American HD videos coming out, especially live stuff, which doesn't air anywhere else.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

Yeah well its good to finally have American HD videos coming out, especially live stuff, which doesn't air anywhere else.
    I don't know what HD channels I can get with my local HD service though, I hope they have some good ones coming soon. Also, I can record some 720p videos and either keep them in their H.264 format or encode them to a Matroska .mkv container.

Thanks

I don't know what HD channels I can get with my local HD service though, I hope they have some good ones coming soon. Also, I can record some 720p videos and either keep them in their H.264 format or encode them to a Matroska .mkv container.
    The popular format is usually H.264 vids being encoded to .mkv with AAC audio. I think it has higher quality than XviD like that for the same filesize.

Post Pimpest

Thanks

The popular format is usually H.264 vids being encoded to .mkv with AAC audio. I think it has higher quality than XviD like that for the same filesize.
    Matroska compresses at a higher quality then XviD does, correct, and the filesize is just about the same, if not tiny bit smaller. Technically it's called "muxing" together instead of encoding I think. Don't know for sure though.

Thread Information