Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
DVB-S Pure Digital Capture - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVB-S Pure Digital Capture

Thanks

Ok to take this back onto the subject,
    I'm looking for a DVB-S card again,
    Since I know I can set it up now.
    I have Austar which has a CAM for capture cards (Irdeto I/II CAM)
    Foxtel isn't compatible with any CAM's which I find funny.

Anyway It would make all my rips from Channel V etc much much better.

I'm looking for a cheap card with a CI module and is cheap too
    Since the CAM cost's another $100,
    and another $30-50 for cabling.
    VideoPimp.org Capper
    frenchy@videopimp.org
    PSN ID: Frenchy182

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Ok to take this back onto the subject,
    I'm looking for a DVB-S card again,
    Since I know I can set it up now.
    I have Austar which has a CAM for capture cards (Irdeto I/II CAM)
    Foxtel isn't compatible with any CAM's which I find funny.

Anyway It would make all my rips from Channel V etc much much better.

I'm looking for a cheap card with a CI module and is cheap too
    Since the CAM cost's another $100,
    and another $30-50 for cabling.
    before i bought my card (pinnacle Sat Pro PCI), I had bought a skystar HD, with the aim of buying CI-Slot to see encrypted channels (MTV package).
    I tried the card in my pc but I did not like the recording formats. that's the reason i switch to the pinnacle, because it has better recording formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVB, DivX).

you don't have much choice, because many are not compatible with the CI-Slot. i only know Skystar HD or AZUREWAVE (which are the same board but with different brand). the price is around $100.

in my opinion I think you do well in exchange for your Austar because you will notice differences when you record from tv. I also had a system similar to yours but six months ago decided to invest on a card with DVB-S and was the best I have.

In conclusion, you should take into account whether you want a card that makes you enconding while you recording or a card you write in a different format, but there must be software that converts this format.
    I hope I have helped and if you have any questions I try to explain the best I can.

Thanks

Another option is to get phoenix programmer/card reader instead of ci-slot+cam module, you just have to check if there is a working plugin for the encryption system your provider is using so that it could read keys of the card and decode the signal.

tbullet, recording formats are independent in each software (it doesn't matter what card you're using, to my opinion skystar hd is better then any pinnacle card) it might have been that it did save your files in .ts beacuse that's the only format it can capture of dvb-s2 hd material.
    Skystar HD and TT S2-3200 are clones of each other, however Skystar HD 2 (not skystar 2) is different card then the other two. You will find most programs working with Skystar HD/Skystar HD2/TT S2-3200 im not sure about others as they aren't that popular.
    Let the blood flow that keeps me alive
    (...)
    I need music
    I need music
    I need music to set me free

Thanks

thanks Serch.
    I could not remember what skystar HD 2 recording format were, but as you mention, saves files in. ts.
    I also share your view that the skystar is better than the pinnacle, I have recently thought to come back to buy the skystar hd 2 + CI-Slot.
    but I have a doubt: with the recorded file. ts, can i transform into DivX or VCD or SVCD, without losing quality?

off topic: Since 2007 i record rock am ring concerts and I have seen your recordings and, if you don't mind, I would be very grateful to know how you usually record (which card you have and which formart you record).

Thread Information