Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Video Editing

Thread: Video Editing

Thanks

Default Video Editing

hi,
    since 2006 i record clips from TV (music videos and concerts) only for myself, but to six months ago I bought a pinnacle Sat Pro PCI card, which is even suitable for recordings DVB-S. i'm very happy with performance, because i can recording to mpeg1, mpeg2 and divx.
    but I have some doubts about the editing of video, let down here in the formats recording i usually use:

videoclips - mpeg1 (352x288 - 4:3) Audio Codec: MPEG Audio Decoder, Video Codec: MPEG Video Decoder, Format:. mpg

concerts - MPEG2 (512 x 576 - 4:3) Audio Codec: MPEG Audio Decoder, Video Codec: MPEG Video Decoder, Format:. mpg

concerts - Divx (720 x 576 - 5:4) Audio Codec: MPEG Audio Decoder,Video Codec: MPEG Video Decoder, Format:.avi

I leave here an example of a recording of a video, in this case was recorded with the resolution (768 x 576 - 16:9):

I use VirtualDub to make disappear interlaced lines in video,but when i do the encoding, I think that makes the video quality worst.

so my questions are these:

what kind of codecs / compression usually you use for concerts and videoclips?
    which resolution you usually record?

Now as we are moving closer to summer concerts such as the rock am ring, I would like to get the most out of my card.

Thanks

Use MeGUI to encode from source (.ts/.tp/.mpg or whatever you have) to XviD or x264.

I wrote a guide earlier before,
    http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showthread.php?t=4335

and it has decent deinterlace feature will remove interlace artifacts, it will cost some resolution.
    However it won't look as blended like the first picture
    (Bad NTSC>PAL conversions = Blended Fields/Frames)
    VideoPimp.org Capper
    frenchy@videopimp.org
    PSN ID: Frenchy182

Thanks

thanks.
    I saw your guide and helped me a lot. eg yesterday i recorded a soccer game from TV, with 768x576 resolution (16:9) and i did the enconde with MeGUI and everything went very well. I noticed no loss of image quality was much better and without interlace lines.
    today I will try to record a tv concert (Kaiser Chiefs RAR 2006) and make the enconding in XVID and then i will tell how it went.
    once again thanks.

Thread Information