Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
setting up UPP

Thread: setting up UPP

Thanks

Default setting up UPP

I assume you are able to do a fresh mIRC install, the latest version too, and install UPP without a hitch.
    navigate to your mIRC directory, and run mirc_upp.exe

You should be presented with the UPP control panel, as shown below. If not hit UPP control panel.

First go to autoconnect, and setup your preferred efnet server, nickname and alike. Now jump to Fileserver.
    We will check enable fserve on start(1), DO NOT ENABLE SEND ONLY MODE(2). This is like the Invision mode of shutdown fileserver, and send all queues. You will not respond to @find/!list/ctcp triggers.

Import your bytes sent if you want, and files sent.

First jump to the SHARED tab, hit add, Then put in all the locations you have VideoPimp videos. (1) If you keep all with the virtual path as '/' then all your videos will be in one location to your users. So need for multiple trigger if your videos are over multiple drives! Now we need to set your fserve cache settings. These are pretty self explanatory(2), the cache expiry options will renew your videos every X hours. The options here are Totally up to the server.

Hit apply, Jump to the triggers tab, and hit add.

Ok, first off set your trigger (1) Then set mode to CTCP (2) Set required channel access level to ALL (3) and apply to !list reply (4) In the channels section, hit the Only option (5) and lets add some channels to serve in. These MUST be added in the way shown. NETWORK.#CHAN So #efnet.#videopimp (6) Now the mount point should be '/' (7)

Thanks

Hit Ok, we should have something like this now

Lets apply, and jump to Fserve ad. Enable these(1), split ad will do a double Line ad. Firewall trigger, i dunno what it does, but it looks good! In channels(2), hit only again, and do as before, add efnet.#videopimp. In options(3) Tick the following options Sends, Queues, Upstream, Record CPS, Min CPS (only if you have one), Snagged, Online users, and Next send. For schedule(4), tick show ad every: and put in something higher than 40

Apply, now hit services. In the @find services(1) we will tick enable, limit your results to something under 10, limit search duration to 1000ms (to stop flooding), include matching directories in results, don't reply if no results are found, don't show fservad in reply, reply using /msg. If you frequent chans that serve, hit only and add the same as before(2) Tick all the optional session commands(3). Set all(4) as you wish

Apply, now jump back to general.

we will hit queuepools, and edit fserve 1. Edit them as you wish

That should get you up and running, sorry if i have missed anything, feel free to ask me via msg, or vp-chat. I have had a few drinks, so i may have missed a few little options.

Thanks

in fserver ad tab, options check "snagged", i hope ya know ctlr+print script does a screenshot of active window
    Let the blood flow that keeps me alive
    (...)
    I need music
    I need music
    I need music to set me free

Thanks

Yup i know the ctrl+print screen, but i still never use it for some reason. Paintbrush also hates pasting over an open image, i had to make a new one each time =/

Edited main post

Videopimp Members

Thanks

Thanks for the info JoshBosh.

Trying to get my server back up, but I have connectivity issues....

As in, no-one can connect to me.

I've tried removing my firewall, etc, but I think it is an ISP issue....

I remember I used to have it now and then, where I can't be connected to, so I'd reboot the modem, and it'd be fine for another day or so.

Just one of those things I guess.

But, can't get connectable to others even when I reboot the modem now.

Thanks

If you've got externam ip (besides, 192.168.*.*, 172.16.*.*, 10.*.*.*) then i don't really see a way for ISP to block you from sending something, it's impossible to recive only, you have to send back all sorts of replys that the packets you recived are okay etc etc, it has to be something on your end

If you're using port forwarding:
    -check if the ports range set in mirc (alt+o>dcc>options) is set the same way as port range set on the router.

if you're using DMZ:
    -check if your ip (start, run, type in ' cmd ', type in 'ipconifg /all') is the same as the one defined in DMZ setup on the router.

If yu're using ZoneAlarm/Norton or any other software:
    -check if it's not blocking application or some of it's ports (usually a good option to allow mirc/upp to act as a server and client beacuse it is a server)
    Let the blood flow that keeps me alive
    (...)
    I need music
    I need music
    I need music to set me free

Thread Information