Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
Faster Download

Thread: Faster Download

Wannabe

Thanks

Thumbs up Faster Download

How to used so that faster at moment download video of irc!!!

Thanks

No clue what you are really asking. I guess what is your actual download speed, and who are you downloading off of? How fast of downloads are you getting from them. Information is needed to figure out what you are asking and what you want.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VampYre View Post
    No clue what you are really asking. I guess what is your actual download speed, and who are you downloading off of? How fast of downloads are you getting from them. Information is needed to figure out what you are asking and what you want.
    i have a question about setting on irc so that i can download video is faster??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fans_Alesana View Post
    There's nothing much you can do to improve irc download speed i guess. What you get now is what you get till you change isp / upgrade plan.

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Fans_Alesana View Post

speedy.telkom.net.id

What is your ISP plan for starters? Don't give me bs, what is your speed? www.speedtest.net Goto that link, run a few tests and POST the results. I want to see images of your tests. If you don't post your test results, don't bother responding. I don't wanna hear ANY excuses!
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Wannabe

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am having the same problem. When downloading torrents i can get max 170kB/s, but when downloading music videos off mirc i can only get max 30kB/s. Just wondering if there is anything i can do?

Here is a link to my speedtest.net results.

Thanks.
    Last edited by VampYre; 06-18-2009 at 05:28 AM. Reason: edited image link to embed it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chardy89 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am having the same problem. When downloading torrents i can get max 170kB/s, but when downloading music videos off mirc i can only get max 30kB/s. Just wondering if there is anything i can do?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/498411490.png

Thanks.

Depends whom you are downloading off of, (if their upload is slower, obviously the send will be slower). Also you have routing to contend with. You are located in OZ. Try downloading off Stephen76 as he is also located in OZ. If you look at the fserve info (what is displayed in the channel, it shows what their max cps (speed) is).

Fserve (using serch's)

File Server Online Triggers:«/ctcp serch`` 2008-2009» Sends:«3/3» Queues:«13/50» Accessed:«8895 times» Online:«0/3» RCPS:«234.2 Kbs by stidley» Served:«324GB in 5606 files» Current BW:«76.7 Kbs» AQT:«1hr 34mins» Serving:«1303 files» MOTD: -= Make sure you've got auto-accept selected, press ALT+O go to DCC > "On Send Request:" Auto Get File =- —

Blue is the current bandwidth and red listed is the max speed the server has ever sent a file at.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

InterWebs!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chardy89 View Post
    Hi guys,

http://www.speedtest.net/result/498411490.png

Thanks.
    Well you have to understand, torrents and irc are 2 different methods of file transfer. Torrents are 'seeded' by many people (multiple connections), hence your fast speed. However, the fileservers on irc are just one source (single connection). Bear in mind that most Fileservers are average users like you with an average connection who share instead of download. Hope this helps you to understand.

Thread Information