Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
HELP OUR HOME!!! Comment On VP News

Thread: HELP OUR HOME!!! Comment On VP News

Thanks

Lightbulb HELP OUR HOME!!! Comment On VP News

"2011-01-29 05:01:16CST
    So how many of you have even checked a single ad that's been displayed either on top of the page or the fullpage ad ? from what i can see, none, null, 0.. I guess the webserver is gonna go back to serving couple of vids for few weeks as it used to be pretty soon if it doesn't change.
    September and October 2004
    videos are on the website.
    serch"

I thought by just viewing them it was enough, I clicked 4-5 2day, lets go pimpers help our home
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

I've clicked on every ad on the first page each time for the full page ones. Come on guys, we're all using the direct downloads - get clicking!
    I Didn't Say It Was Your Fault, I Said I Was Going To Blame You.

Thanks

The webserver as we know it will be going away mid next month. We will be hosting off a reseller account, then using 1-2 secondary accounts to host the videos. This will result in only 3-10 videos being served at a time. And I'm not really sure on how speeds will be. Comes down to it, I cannot afford to pay for the dedicated server anymore. Its $164 a month. In the past we tried putting out our paypal account to take donations, which resulted in many fraudulent donations, each time paypal pulling an extra $10 out of our account. Then the account was frozen with several hundred dollars in it.

I'm really unable to do anything else at this point. If someone has some webhosting or a dedicated server to helpout in hosting videos, that would be sweet, but on a popular video, it might easily do over 100 GB of bandwidth!
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VampYre View Post
    The webserver as we know it will be going away mid next month. We will be hosting off a reseller account, then using 1-2 secondary accounts to host the videos. This will result in only 3-10 videos being served at a time. And I'm not really sure on how speeds will be. Comes down to it, I cannot afford to pay for the dedicated server anymore. Its $164 a month. In the past we tried putting out our paypal account to take donations, which resulted in many fraudulent donations, each time paypal pulling an extra $10 out of our account. Then the account was frozen with several hundred dollars in it.

I'm really unable to do anything else at this point. If someone has some webhosting or a dedicated server to helpout in hosting videos, that would be sweet, but on a popular video, it might easily do over 100 GB of bandwidth!
    Well this is sad, sorry I didn't do my part. What if we agreed to a membership fee? To maintain the site/forums. Premium members could get perks/single direct downloads on a few downloads per month. I know Visa/MasterCard have a pay thing like PayPal. This would help with fraud/BS. My other option is to walk from here in Ottawa, CAN to your servers collecting money for "Save the Pimp Cure". It's a rare disease that gives ppl the opportunity to listen to GREAT quality videos. I'm telling you its becoming rare to see sites like this one, parish from corporate fat-cats. Anyways its an idea, if we all agree, its not a business, its a club ;)
    "I Shall Take Your Soul"

Thanks

We never did "premium" accounts and we probably never will, videos are free and we don't want any $ for access to them, this is due to labels and their "share" that they would eventually want. Donations are other thing but that didn't work out in the past as Vamp said. And as you can see keeping the webserver only off ads doesn't work either so we'll try to host files in other way but they will be limited in numbers, there won't be any updates with 100+, 200+ or even 500+ files at once to leech.
    We've had ocasional actions with chiping in, "how much you can" but that usually lasted only for month or two and we need something solid to keep it going or elsewhere switch to something cheaper, much cheaper like we will do.

If you look at the stats and imagine how much traffic that amount of videos generate (9.7TB in dec10, 12.47TB in jan11) it's not cheap to keep it going and even with that amount of people visiting the website everyday (close to 2,5k unique visitiors, 22k pegviews) it won't generate enough income just from the ads, not even half of what the webserver costs monthly.
    Let the blood flow that keeps me alive
    (...)
    I need music
    I need music
    I need music to set me free

Thread Information