Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
got a question? need some answer.

Thread: got a question? need some answer.

New Users

Thanks

Default got a question? need some answer.

Buying a new computer

Hey all, new here and am looking at buying a brand new computer . I found one that im pretty interested in. it has a Sony-VAIO-3.4GHz Pentium 4. heres the link for more details:

http://masspc.com/desktops/Desktops-...Vaio-Computer/

I'll be using it for schooling but also for gaming (not hardcore to the max) and maybe some photoshop. What i wanna know is wether or not this system will be good enough for what im doing? thanks in advance for any help !
    illegal user id, fixed to format [url=http://forums.vampyrezkave.com/showthread.php?t=75]rules]

Thanks

it's pretty good but you should be able to get something cheaper with same specs from dell for instance, and most likely they parts to it will be way cheaper then for that sony vaio.
    Let the blood flow that keeps me alive
    (...)
    I need music
    I need music
    I need music to set me free

Thanks

Decent pc, but just to be let known, that Sony Vaio's componets are mostly just for Sony. You won't be able to get a power supply for it anywhere else (recently just bought a replacement ps for a customer from Sony for $177). Also, that PC doesn't include a monitor for that $1600. And its refurbished. (This high-quality item has been factory reconditioned. Please click on the icon above for more information on quality factory-reconditioned merchandise.)

Sony does have MUCH BETTER techinical support than Dell does (unless you speak Indian).

Might be better to look at either a newer dell machine (Deminsion 5100 series + get a PCI-E video card with it & an LCD) or possibly have one built.

Rain uses a Celeron D (2.4Ghz) processor to capture/encode the videos she releases. It's good for light gaming/photoshop work.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

You're setup looks pretty sweet. It will easily do photoshop stuff and play most games . If it was me I would buy the parts seperately finding the cheapest price but if you're not experienced at setting up a case then it looks like a good buy. I'm guessing that's american dollars so I'm not sure exactly what price that is but it looks good. Plenty of ram and a good size hdd.

Thanks

Hi!! I'd suggest that you go with a new Dell system. They're much cheaper,& rated one of the best brands available! I'm buying one after the first of the year,whenever I file my 1099 form get my tax refund from the rent I've paid all year in 2005 (this type of refund is called the Circuit Breaker refund-& is for people on disability)

Quote Originally Posted by !angel_anne!
    Buying a new computer

Hey all, new here and am looking at buying a brand new computer . I found one that im pretty interested in. it has a Sony-VAIO-3.4GHz Pentium 4. heres the link for more details:

I'll be using it for schooling but also for gaming (not hardcore to the max) and maybe some photoshop. What i wanna know is wether or not this system will be good enough for what im doing? thanks in advance for any help !

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by !angel_anne!
    Buying a new computer

Nice PC. I almost got that one myself. But, alas, I am an AMD freak and went with the tried and true processor. I bought this one---http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-Desktop-PC-A1350N-/sem/rpsm/oid/142126/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Thread Information