Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
A new way to download?

Thread: A new way to download?

Thanks

Default A new way to download?

Hey there,
    I dont know about anyone else, but I hate the whole way we download. Its very time consuming! I mean typing in the server, browsing folders, waiting in queues - we waste alota time!!!

I think it'd be awesome if Videopimp started using torrents instead!

That way everyone could seed songs, and it'd be easier to download!! Also alot quicker than waiting in those dam queues!!! I mean to make it fair, you could have the ratio setting on so that you must upload as much as you download!!!

Anyways, i dont know how easy this is to acheive, but theres alota good reasons to implement this!

Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by superduck15
    Hey there,
    I dont know about anyone else, but I hate the whole way we download. Its very time consuming! I mean typing in the server, browsing folders, waiting in queues - we waste alota time!!!

I think it'd be awesome if Videopimp started using torrents instead!

That way everyone could seed songs, and it'd be easier to download!! Also alot quicker than waiting in those dam queues!!! I mean to make it fair, you could have the ratio setting on so that you must upload as much as you download!!!

Anyways, i dont know how easy this is to acheive, but theres alota good reasons to implement this!
    If you want files faster, become a server, then you get direct ftp access to all of the videos.

We will not be using torrents for our videos. It's just another avenue for people to learn (as if irc doesnt seem hard enough for most people) and then we will have people bitching that no one is seeding xxxxxx torrent, waah, waah, cry. Doing torrents would also mean another server. Got a spare server or a spare $150 a month to pay for the extra server? I know we don't.
    - VampYre
    - Videopimp Owner
    - Forums Owner/Admin

Last Few Song's I've Listened To

InterWebs!

Thanks

Ah, thanks for making it clear to me!
    I'm going to look into setting up my comp as a server!!

New Users

Thanks

I still think it would be so much easier to use torrents, and it is so much easier to learn than irc. If you could have an upload/download ratio everything would be fine... But if you're going to be so bitchy about it what do I do to become server?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zinkj
    I still think it would be so much easier to use torrents, and it is so much easier to learn than irc. If you could have an upload/download ratio everything would be fine... But if you're going to be so bitchy about it what do I do to become server?
    Up to you if you want to serve or not, though people that bitch about a free service are pretty stupid.

Thread Information